Newport Central Catholic 69 Conner 51

I wasn't at the game and can't find a box score anywhere, however, I heard Miller for the Breds had a big night. I know he does a lot of the little things for this team that go somewhat unnoticed in the box scores (rebounds, picks, back screens, off the ball stuff, etc.). It's good to hear that he put the ball in basket in this one.

Was anyone there that can provide a recap of the game? Handy Manny?

NCC 13 -2 in their last 15 games with a game against the Cru this evening!!! Not a bad way to wind down the regular season and to get ready for districts and regionals......

NCC started off the game on a 6 - 0 run and it looked bad for the Cougars in the first minute, but they battled back to make it 26 to 29 at half. Robinson had 15 and Flesch had 11 at this point. Hightchew was giving Hodges fits. At one point he literaly backed Hodges from under the basket to the sideline. The scoring drought for the rest of the Cougars continued in the third. NCC began to focus defensively on Flesch and Robinson and went on 16-0 run and finished the third quarter 23 - 3. Conner's only third quarter points came off of an Austin Way 3 late in the quarter. Conner just failed to hit shots and then failed to get back on D and gave up easy buckets and open triples. Very very poor quarter. The game was over at this point. NCC extended the lead to 29 at one point in the fourth and the rest of the Conner scoring came in garbage time against the New Cath JV. This was a very sad senior night performance for the Cougars. I give props to Clay Robinson and Jacob Flesch who played their tails off and never gave up on the game.

Brady was guarding Hodges at times. He did a great job of taking him out of his game. Some of the pushing and shoving may had been called fouls if there wasn't such a size difference. I give him credit for getting in Hodges head and making him a non factor. Hodges played very limited minutes. He couldn't connect on his shots and was mentally frustrated the entire game. He picked up a technical for shoving Hightchew. He would make nice plays and follow them up with bad ones. He is so much better than that. He needs to learn to play through an off shooting night or a mistake here or there. I know I have read this before and I have to mention it, but I thought Giesler could have had about 8 to 10 fouls called on him last night. He comes down with tomahawk blocks on anyone in the lane. Now I know some of them are clean, but my experience with officials is whenever you you swat at the ball they tend to get whistle happy. One time Giesler came down and caught Flesch in the head for a no call. I have just seen this picked on so much it really surprised me how physical he plays and manages to stay out of foul trouble, but hey you have to play the way they are calling the game.

Brady was guarding Hodges at times. He did a great job of taking him out of his game. Some of the pushing and shoving may had been called fouls if there wasn't such a size difference. I give him credit for getting in Hodges head and making him a non factor. Hodges played very limited minutes. He couldn't connect on his shots and was mentally frustrated the entire game. He picked up a technical for shoving Hightchew. He would make nice plays and follow them up with bad ones. He is so much better than that. He needs to learn to play through an off shooting night or a mistake here or there. I know I have read this before and I have to mention it, but I thought Giesler could have had about 8 to 10 fouls called on him last night. He comes down with tomahawk blocks on anyone in the lane. Now I know some of them are clean, but my experience with officials is whenever you you swat at the ball they tend to get whistle happy. One time Giesler came down and caught Flesch in the head for a no call. I have just seen this picked on so much it really surprised me how physical he plays and manages to stay out of foul trouble, but hey you have to play the way they are calling the game.

I only recall one technical foul in this game and I could have sworn it was called on Robinson, not Hodges. Clay Robinson just seemed to hit a boiling point during NCC 3rd quarter run. The kid is a competitor. Some of his passion needs to rub off on some of his teammates.

I only recall one technical foul in this game and I could have sworn it was called on Robinson, not Hodges. Clay Robinson just seemed to hit a boiling point during NCC 3rd quarter run. The kid is a competitor. Some of his passion needs to rub off on some of his teammates.

Yes, the only technical called was against Robinson in the third quarter. The NCC defense was focused in on him and he wasnt having his way like he did early. He is a great player...

HM is correct, I vividly remember an instance when Flesch got to the rim, double clutched to avoid Giesler's block attempt and got nailed across the head and hit the ground.. No call. Only Flesch and Robinson came to play last night, the result clearly shows it...