Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 81 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

Another tough loss on the road for the Cats.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vandy makes 11/22 3's. Jenkins blows up on UK and has 30+. UK played hard, just didn't make enough plays to win. UK can play with any team in the nation. Come NCAA Tourny time I believe they can make a run!

  • Author
Vandy makes 11/22 3's. Jenkins blows up on UK and has 30+. UK played hard, just didn't make enough plays to win. UK can play with any team in the nation. Come NCAA Tourny time I believe they can make a run!

 

As I said in the other thread, hopefully playing on a neutral court will be the point swing they need to win those close games.

I love UK. But this team just isn't very good. Liggins has turned into a great defender. Miller is very overrated, I love the kid because he is form Kentucky, he tries hard but isn't that great especially on defense. Harrleson is just a workman. The freshman are good but need another year or so to become dominate. Hopefully UK can win @ Arkansas and end up 10-6, maybe the 2nd place in the East.

I love UK. But this team just isn't very good. Liggins has turned into a great defender. Miller is very overrated, I love the kid because he is form Kentucky, he tries hard but isn't that great especially on defense. Harrleson is just a workman. The freshman are good but need another year or so to become dominate. Hopefully UK can win @ Arkansas and end up 10-6, maybe the 2nd place in the East.

 

I think you've summed it up. UK is as good as they should be with all things considered, one thing that gets me, is how every team that beats UK does it because "insert name here" goes off and has a career game. To me UK's close loses have more to do with their inability to stop "insert name here" than it does with UK not have a clutch player that can make a shot.

I think you've summed it up. UK is as good as they should be with all things considered, one thing that gets me, is how every team that beats UK does it because "insert name here" goes off and has a career game. To me UK's close loses have more to do with their inability to stop "insert name here" than it does with UK not have a clutch player that can make a shot.

 

Last year's team could shut teams down when they absolutely had to. This year's team just isn't the same defensive squad. That is a big, big difference on the floor (especially on the road).

Vandy is a tough place to ever win on the road, so it's no surprise they didn't get it done. As said above, hopefully on a neutral court it'll turn close losses into wins. UK only has two more of these, and I think they'll split them.

Same score as the Vandy/Bama game, but Bama had a bad call at the end of no foull call on the baseline, which could have been a win for the Tide!

Once again, a lack of toughness by the kittens....

John Jenkins just hit another 3 from his dorm room...

2 turnovers in the last minute when UK was down 2 were backbreakers for Kentucky. I believe Vandy converted baskets off both turnovers.

I don't think their problem is toughness. This team is just too inexperienced. I.e. the two turnovers down the stretch, not hustling back on D in transition, fouling a three point shot, etc.

Same score as the Vandy/Bama game, but Bama had a bad call at the end of no foull call on the baseline, which could have been a win for the Tide!

 

Your point?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.