Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 81 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

John Jenkins just hit another 3 from his dorm room...

 

You just beat me to it GT. I was just logging on to say basically the same thing only was going to put it in a memo format that U.K. defenders might want to check #23 in the gold jersey :isurrender:, word had it that he could shoot the ball. Jenkins was on fire and having the game of his life but he did get several wide open shots.

I really knew better than to pick U.K. in this one in Nashville. Vandy has got us now 5 of the last 6 in that place. I was glad to see the Cats play harder in this one than they have in previous road games. Liggins imo played a very good game, I was glad to see him go out and play like he was taking a leaders role. Harrison was Harrison, plays hard and gets rebounds. B. Knight imo looked very good, I honestly don't think that he yet realizes nhow good he really is and/or can be. Jones is the same way imo and he seemed to have played harder today. Vandy is a good,not great team and even more so at home. As usual and imo the officials swallowed the whistle late in the game on calls that should have been made that would have helped U.K.. , that happens in all games no matter the conference, teams playing or where is it at.

I am in no way giving up on this team, U.K. is not a bad basketball team, just not close or even comparable to last season. I don't think that the Cats can make a final four run but I do think they can and will make things interesting and not go out easily.

Typical of some U.K. fans..... after two or three losses at one time or another this season I have heard that they are terrible, won't get past the 1st round in the SEC or NCAA tourneys. That is not necessarily anyone on here. I am talking about people in general around my area.

I hate to lose :irked:, Miss. State comes into Rupp on Tuesday, I look for the Cats to get back in the "W" column.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Jenkins just hit another 3 from his dorm room...

 

He just hit another one from Tootsie's...... :D

I love UK. But this team just isn't very good. Liggins has turned into a great defender. Miller is very overrated, I love the kid because he is form Kentucky, he tries hard but isn't that great especially on defense. Harrleson is just a workman. The freshman are good but need another year or so to become dominate. Hopefully UK can win @ Arkansas and end up 10-6, maybe the 2nd place in the East.
I agree with most that you have said but...."not very good"?? I can't go along with that. U.K. is not as good as last season but imo they are still a good team, Young, lack of a strong inside presence and depth but this team is more than "not very good". JMO

 

Vandy is a tough place to ever win on the road, so it's no surprise they didn't get it done. As said above, hopefully on a neutral court it'll turn close losses into wins. UK only has two more of these, and I think they'll split them.
:thumb: I agree. I may even pick a victory at U.T., Cal imo has Pearl's number in that he can get under his skin/play mind games with him. Those two were at each other when Cal was at Memphis. There is no love lost betwee the two and Cal imo can and does use it to his advantange.

 

Once again, a lack of toughness by the kittens....
I thought they definately played "soft" in earlier games this season but tonight they played hard, just made some stupid mistakes dow the stretch that cost.
He just hit another one from Tootsie's...... :D

 

Nope, that was a different kind of "shot" that he gets from there. :sssh: :lol:

You just can't be great with 3 freshman and 3 role players. Expectations should not be high for this group

2 turnovers in the last minute when UK was down 2 were backbreakers for Kentucky. I believe Vandy converted baskets off both turnovers.

 

Actually 3 turnovers if you include the one by Knight when he fumbled the ball in the paint. I have heard Cal say that lately practice has been focused on situations. They need to devote 100% of anyremaining practice time on end game situations from 4:00 minutes on down. They do not get stops on D in the last few minutes and their end game offense is not good at all. They need to figure what their go to play(s) are at the end of the game. I do agree with the poster above that this year's team is not good enough on defense. Cal has to be frustrated with that because his team's are always very tough on defense.

You can practice end of the game situations all you want, but it is not the same as a game on the road in a hostile environment. Who do we have in practice that can be the other team's best player to work against, John Hood. There losses have all been because they can't get stops late! That requires tougnness, skill, experience, and an abundance of talent. WE will see how good Cal is this year in March.

Nope, that was a different kind of "shot" that he gets from there. :sssh: :lol:

 

I'd say he could get a lot of them tonight, and not pay a dime.

^ He did go Shane Foster on UK today.....

Calipari can recruit with the best of them. He just can't coach as well. How many games can they lose in the last 3-4 minutes? Deja vu! Come crunch time he is not a very good x and o guy.

I don't think their problem is toughness. This team is just too inexperienced. I.e. the two turnovers down the stretch, not hustling back on D in transition, fouling a three point shot, etc.
Well, the best thing about freshmen is... oh wait.

Factor, Vandy last two wins were both 81-77. At their place over my two favorite teams. If it happens again they win 81--77, it might be history in the making. Thats is my point.

Bledsoe and Orton leaving before Cal thought, combined with Kanter being ruled eligible, has made this team a middle of the pack SEC team in the east. Hopefully we can continue to win home games and steal a game or two on the road. I'm starting to think this was our "bridge" year and not Louisvilles.

Calipari can recruit with the best of them. He just can't coach as well. How many games can they lose in the last 3-4 minutes? Deja vu! Come crunch time he is not a very good x and o guy.

 

Last year, the Cats did wonderfully well in crunch time. Difference this year is the personnel. This year's frosh just don't have the talent and/or the killer instinct/will to win of last year's frosh.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.