Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 81 Kentucky 77

Featured Replies

Calipari can recruit with the best of them. He just can't coach as well. How many games can they lose in the last 3-4 minutes? Deja vu! Come crunch time he is not a very good x and o guy.

 

I strongly disagree after seeing the adjustments Cal made in the game late today after Vandy switched to the zone and right after UK came out of a timeout.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal can coach and recruit, he just needs for some of these guys to stay.

Calipari can recruit with the best of them. He just can't coach as well. How many games can they lose in the last 3-4 minutes? Deja vu! Come crunch time he is not a very good x and o guy.

 

What would you have done different X and O wise during the last three games?

Calipari can recruit with the best of them. He just can't coach as well. How many games can they lose in the last 3-4 minutes? Deja vu! Come crunch time he is not a very good x and o guy.

 

Cal was 9-2 his last 3 years at Memphis in games decided by 5 or less. So...... I disagree. Youth and lack of leadership is what is missing.

Edited by jvdfc

This team would have been alot different with Kanter. They still would be young and inexperienced, but the talented could have overcome that for alot of games IMO. I honestly don't care if Knight and Jones leave, they're both talented but I just have hated to watch them play lately. Maybe I would like Knight better if he didn't have to play PG. Is there anyway Miller could go pro or transfer or be a manager next year? Seriously my four favorite players on the team are Lamb, Liggins, Poole and Polson, two of which never play!! I think people only like Harrelson because Vargas is so bad.

 

But, I expected this to be a relative down year. I think this is somewhat like the Tyreke Evans year at Memphis for Cal, with the exception of he had Tyreke Evans and we have no one on our roster who is ready to play in the NBA at this time. But, I mentally and emotionally checked out on this team last week. I still cheer for them but I'm not going to be disappointed when they lose. I've come to expect that these Cats could and would lose against any opponent. They're still a good team IMO but they are the type of team that is going to leave BBN very disappointed in March one way or another. Loss in round 1, getting to the Sweet 16 and getting everyone's hopes up and then getting blown out, something like that is what I'm really expecting.

From the CovCath basketball thread :ohbrother:

 

 

 

I think today proved that Brandon Knight cannot be an immediately solid PG in the NBA. The jump shot is there, but the turnover at the end of the game 70 feet from the basket really showed his inexperience and his average ball handling skills. It's clear he needs another year, but yet he more than likely will still opt to go the the draft. Lamb is solid and I really really hope he sticks around for next year if Knight doesn't. Liggins has been playing much much better as of late, looking almost like our best player on the floor at times....by far. I could see an elite 8 for this team, or I could see a 1st or 2nd round loss. I really can't tell yet.

Cal can coach and recruit, he just needs for some of these guys to stay.
Cal's philosophy of talent over experience will always bring in players that will not stay, because that is all he will recruit. If the next NBA collective bargaining agreement handles high school players as it does now, best get used to that continuing.

Read where Darius possibly could be done for the year.

Cal's philosophy of talent over experience will always bring in players that will not stay, because that is all he will recruit. If the next NBA collective bargaining agreement handles high school players as it does now, best get used to that continuing.

 

IIRC, last year was the first year Cal had more than 1 freshman leave. Hard to call that mass exodus business as usual.

 

More than anything it shows his coaching ability. He's taking these guys and coaching them up enough to make them appealing to the NBA.

IIRC, last year was the first year Cal had more than 1 freshman leave. Hard to call that mass exodus business as usual.

 

More than anything it shows his coaching ability. He's taking these guys and coaching them up enough to make them appealing to the NBA.

 

He's had more talent, top to bottom, in his first 2 classes at UK than any he had at Memphis. We won't know how this is going to play out for a couple of more seasons.

 

I have no argument with his coaching ability. The man is amazing working with raw talent. That's the reason he gets that talent, especially on the stage he has now.

He's had more talent, top to bottom, in his first 2 classes at UK than any he had at Memphis. We won't know how this is going to play out for a couple of more seasons.

 

I have no argument with his coaching ability. The man is amazing working with raw talent. That's the reason he gets that talent, especially on the stage he has now.

 

:thumb:

 

I agree. Cal is more established now and he's at a more prestigious program. This is a whole different animal than Cal @ Memphis, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.