Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky, NCAA tournament

Featured Replies

I gotta agree Scribe. Getting past the 1st weekend would be overachieving.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hatz ... I agree with most of your big post above except the part about Polson. Why in the world you would feel comfortable with him on the floor, I have no idea. He is what he is ... a walk on. When he is in the game, I hold my breath and hope for no mistakes and don't get embarrassed on D. If he has to play more than one minute, that means UK is in trouble. I root for him but I hope I only see him on the floor in mop up duty at the end of a big win.

 

A leader and go to player on offense at the end of games is a must. No one on this team really wants to take the big shot and knows what a good big shot is. It isn't a 28 foot 3 pointer by Jones no matter how open you are.

 

My statement was relative. I am more comfortable with Polson coming in relative to Hood and/or Poole. I don't like to see him coming in but next to the other 2 alternatives and the way the 3 have played on the court, I am. :thumb:

I gotta agree Scribe. Getting past the 1st weekend would be overachieving.

Depending upon UK's seed, if they are anything below a 5 seed (very good possibility) any win would be icing on the cake from my perspective.

That is a very good assessment, but I think another huge difference between this year and last year is that I think the level of play is down all through college basketball this year. I think there were more really good teams last year than there are this year. I believe that gives the Cats a better chance of advancing to possibly the Elite 8 this year depending on the draw.

 

:thumb:

 

That's the biggest reason this team has a chance to make a deep run. They've fared alright at neutral sites. And, they haven't played that bad on the road. Every road loss has been down to the final minutes. One or two plays here or there and they could have won them all.

Well the good thing is UK has already played most of their road games in conference now. So they will be playing at home a lot the rest of the way, and then the SEC Tournament. So I do think UK can very well play theirselves back up to a 3 seed as long as they take business at home, and win the SEC tournament.

 

Another good call! :thumb:

#3 seed they have a shot of going to the elite 8 if they are a #4 seed I think they could beat ND again I don't think they could beat Ohio St. Kansas or Pitt I wish they could but I don't think they could.

UK will get 2 seed and make it to the final four!

Lunardi has them as a 3.

Should be a 7 or 8 but will get a 5.

 

If they are a 7 or 8 then Duke should be a 4 or 5.

Should be a 7 or 8 but will get a 5.

 

Really?? How do you come to that conclusion?

I don't see UK getting past the first weekend at the Big Dance. No experience, no upper classmen leadership, and dare I say it....not that much talent.

 

Has a month changed your mind?

Has a month changed your mind?

 

Ummm, in a word.....yes. But to be fair this is a totally different UK team than we saw last month. I think the defense has been turned up about 20 notches, they share the ball better, and everyone seems to be contributing.

That's why coaches coach,players play and fans should sit back support there team and not get all worked up about every single game. I believe Cal has done a great coaching job breaking this team down and building them back to peak at the right time. If UK had lost a few more games last year, they would have faired better in the tournament IMO...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.