February 13, 201115 yr They'll be lucky to get a 5 seed. 9-7 in conference won't (or at least shouldn't) warrant them a 5 seed. I'm starting to think more like a 6, maybe a 7 if they drop any of the remaining 4 homes games (highly unlikely). This team can't win away from Rupp. They have so much talent, but zero intensity. I agree.
February 13, 201115 yr If they end up losing more than one or two more, the win against Louisville will end up being for a lot more than state bragging rights.
February 13, 201115 yr Out in second round. This is just not a very good team. Should be better by now even though they are young. Lack of any depth will ruin any chance in tourney. And yes I am a ky fan.
February 13, 201115 yr Coach Cal needs to start recruiting all his current players who are possibly thinking of going pro to stay another year to get better. Add them with the kids coming in and Kentucky could be close to where they were last year. I would love to see UK go far in the NCAA, but if they make it past the second round I will be very surprised. Keep Fighting BBN!
February 13, 201115 yr I think the Cats will finish 10-6 in the standings, the big question is if that will be enough to finish 2nd in the East. If they can finish 2nd in the East I think they can win the SEC tournament, and get a 4 seed. I think the neutral sites will be enough of a point swing to let them win these close games they've been losing. That's about how I see things playing out.
February 13, 201115 yr I'm not completely ruling out Elite 8, but I think that means you beat a #1 seed if you're a 4/5; or beat a #2 seed if you're a 3 (if things fall as predicted). It also means that you advance as far as last year's team. Is that realistic?
February 13, 201115 yr I don't think this team is a final four team either , but they are going to be close game tested and when or if they get one of these wins it will make a difference . I also disagree with the ones who say this team isn't very good , I think they are good just not deep and tire out at the end of the games . We need some more minutes from the bench . Win or lose I have gained so much respect for Harrelson and Liggins this year they leave it all on the floor . But I would call the season a disappointment if we don't see the second weekend and maybe the SEC is a little better than some are giving them credit to be .
February 13, 201115 yr If they end up losing more than one or two more, the win against Louisville will end up being for a lot more than state bragging rights. Anyone else besides me see a potential UL/UK 4/5 regional matchup? The powers-that-be would probably love it.
February 13, 201115 yr Anyone else besides me see a potential UL/UK 4/5 regional matchup? The powers-that-be would probably love it. I hope not. We'd never hear the end of it if UK lost.
February 13, 201115 yr Anyone else besides me see a potential UL/UK 4/5 regional matchup? The powers-that-be would probably love it. I hope not. We'd never hear the end of it if UK lost. Wouldn't happen. Besides you never pass up a chance to beat up on a defenseless Red Bird.
February 13, 201115 yr Hatz ... I agree with most of your big post above except the part about Polson. Why in the world you would feel comfortable with him on the floor, I have no idea. He is what he is ... a walk on. When he is in the game, I hold my breath and hope for no mistakes and don't get embarrassed on D. If he has to play more than one minute, that means UK is in trouble. I root for him but I hope I only see him on the floor in mop up duty at the end of a big win. A leader and go to player on offense at the end of games is a must. No one on this team really wants to take the big shot and knows what a good big shot is. It isn't a 28 foot 3 pointer by Jones no matter how open you are.
February 13, 201115 yr Louisville is playing far better than they did when they played and their key injuries are back to playing now.
February 13, 201115 yr Thats a no brainer ! With this team, I'm not going to go much further than that :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.