Florida 70 Kentucky 68

02Ram54

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he should have called TO. He thinks the players should make the play. I post on BGP. He coaches UK. I will never expect him to call a TO in that situation again and if he doesn't I'm fine with it.

This is not the game to get upset about, that was the Ole Miss game, and to a lesser extent Alabama and Georgia. The fact remains though, this team is just not a finisher on the road. They play 8 road games in the SEC - they've lost 4 of the 5 they've played. I think there is every chance they will lose 2 of the last 3 (Vandy and UT), and I wouldn't call the Arkansas game a gimme. The flip side is I don't think they'll lose any at home, but man, they just don't win on the road.

All around, solid game to watch. Kentucky had about a 5 minute stretch where they really struggled and it cost them. Same story as the previous losses. Fall down big, Knight leads a charge back, and the Cats fall short.

Knight's turnover 90 feet from the basket hurt BADLY. Gators got a 3 off of that turnover...

That may have been the difference in the game and thats the same thing I was thinking when it happened. Had been down big, cut it to four, get a stop then give it right back, Walker hits a wide open three, Cats lose by two.

I don't even care if they get the same shot out of the time out. I just feel like it should be used so everyone is one the same page, knows what is expected and what they are doing, and maybe clear their head for a second or two. There is always a danger of getting the ball in bounds, but surely these situations and plays are practiced, and a coach of that caliber must have something on the whiteboard for these situations. Oh well, like someone else said, Cal coaches the Cats and I'm posting on a message board, I just feel like if you have one use it and relieve some of the pressure from the kids in these last second situations and put it more on the coach.

My issue with Cal tonight lies with him going away from the zone in the last two minutes. The zone changed the complexion of the game and they got to the front with the zone. UF was thriving against our m/m. They attacked, got into paint, created doubles and found open guys. They had done it from the get go but missed shots in the first half.

Cal goes man and as soon as they did, UF fires right back up, created a switch, and got a foul call. Then next trip got penetration and hit Tyus for a baseline jumper. Why leave the zone?

I still foul early in shot clock to create more possessions for yourself.

I can see not calling a timeout and that is fine, but it has to be more than a 2 man game with Jones, because they will give him the three and double Knight.

Frustrating, but this team is not that good. Back half of the top 25.

Chill pill with these losses coming this late? I would hope the team would finds themselves by now.

96' team gets dismantled in the SEC tourney, correct? The ending was positive. Right? This is a very young team. Let's be patient. It's only 2/6. This team was not expected to be a top tier team without Kanter. Let's keep it all in perspective. I think they are achieving at a realistic level based on what they have to work with. Let's keep it real.

A couple observations.

Parson's follow on the weakside and the shot they converted at the end that took a trip around the world and fell in were the backbreakers.

They are too young to win close SEC road games.

Jones and Knight at one point scored 23 of 25. That is silly, where was Miller? We did finally get a sighting late when he buried that 3 but you can't expect 2 freshman to do it all in a comeback effort in Gainsville.

If Jones or Knight would tell me that they were ready for the NBA right now I would laugh in their face. This team kills me at the end of games, sure they're young but hasn't any one on this team played organized basketball before? I"m just going to stop hoping that Miller will actually step up and try to be a leader of this team because it's more likely that Polson or Vargas will do that before he will.

4-4 through eight SEC games for the first time since 1990. And this in a down year for the SEC.

I agree with LABS on his point about the zone. I think Cal outsmarted himself in the final few minutes with the zone and no timeout call. But then again, he's called timeout in the final seconds before and they don't run what he calls.