Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 70 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

Parson's put back really late was against the zone. He went away from it because of rebounding.

 

I just saw the last shot again. UK's best player had a big guy switch to him and he got an open 3. It was barely contested and it wasn't contested until after Knight got in the air. I agree with LABS. If they call a TO and go 2 man game with Jones Florida wouldn't have guarded Jones and he would have launched a 3. The look they got was better than that.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lot of noise around Miller. How about Liggins?

 

Liggins doesn't bother me. He's not the most talented guy but I think he plays hard. I'm not so sure Darius does. JMO.

Would it kill Jones to pass opposite side out of the double team?

 

Knight and Jones played selfishly, they rarely passed the ball to Lamb or anyone else. How many assists did UK have in the game, when teams play man to man, UK just goes one on one.

One more case/reason why imo a time out should have been called late was that this is a very young U.K. team on the road in Alligator Alley. I feel that a t/o should have been called to settle them down,set something up. Florida has an experienced, senior team and they have been in those situations alot more than U.K.'s kids.

I am glad that Coach Calapari can recruit as good as he does. X's and O's, :idunno:

If Jones or Knight would tell me that they were ready for the NBA right now I would laugh in their face. This team kills me at the end of games, sure they're young but hasn't any one on this team played organized basketball before? I"m just going to stop hoping that Miller will actually step up and try to be a leader of this team because it's more likely that Polson or Vargas will do that before he will.

 

I agree with you but I wouldn't doubt that Jones tries to go. Knight my stay, he is excellent with the academics and from what I gathered his mother wants him to get a degree. I o feel there is no doubt that should either go out that t would be a mistake. This one and done thingis imo ruining college basketball.

As for Miller, I thought that he would be the one to step up to a leader role this season as well. Hopefully he will but now I don't know.This team needs someone to step up, there is no leader.

Knight and Jones played selfishly, they rarely passed the ball to Lamb or anyone else. How many assists did UK have in the game, when teams play man to man, UK just goes one on one.

 

UK with 14 assist and Florida with 15.

Miller had another bad game , especially on Defense. Not a good time for Lamb to have an off night. That killed the Cats too. Jones is a ball hog and never kicks it back out or passes when he should. 18 shots and 18 points? Other than the late turnover, great game by Knight.

UK committed 19 fouls to Florida's 11...hmmm.

:rolleyes:

One more case/reason why imo a time out should have been called late was that this is a very young U.K. team on the road in Alligator Alley. I feel that a t/o should have been called to settle them down,set something up. Florida has an experienced, senior team and they have been in those situations alot more than U.K.'s kids.

I am glad that Coach Calapari can recruit as good as he does. X's and O's, :idunno:

 

Calipari doesn't like to call a TO in that situation. Against Ole Miss Miller (most experienced Cat) had a wide open shot with 6 seconds on the shot clock and he didn't take it. Last night their best player got a good look to beat a top 25 team on the road in the biggest game of the night. He's not as bad at X's and O's as some fans like to act.

Miller wants to be the 5th option and be the glue guy. The problem is UK needs him to be the 3rd or 4th option at all times.

Those two put backs where Miller blocked off the man in the lane and not the wing man were killers. It is hard to block out in a zone so that may be the reason Coach Cal went back to man to man.

Another tough loss...

One more case/reason why imo a time out should have been called late was that this is a very young U.K. team on the road in Alligator Alley. I feel that a t/o should have been called to settle them down,set something up. Florida has an experienced, senior team and they have been in those situations alot more than U.K.'s kids.

I am glad that Coach Calapari can recruit as good as he does. X's and O's, :idunno:

 

Agree

One more case/reason why imo a time out should have been called late was that this is a very young U.K. team on the road in Alligator Alley. I feel that a t/o should have been called to settle them down,set something up. Florida has an experienced, senior team and they have been in those situations alot more than U.K.'s kids.

I am glad that Coach Calapari can recruit as good as he does. X's and O's, :idunno:

 

Not meaning to pick but the O'Connell Center is far from Alligator Alley. A.A. was a high school gym with the students literally right on top of the opposing bench and practically in their huddle. I think it say 3,500 or something like that. It was a much, much tougher place to play than O'Connell. I think it was in '77 that the ball changed possession something like 4 times in the remaining 3 seconds and a couple of fights nearly broke out. But there was no clock operator error. :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.