Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshmen Regional Tournament hosted by Covington Catholic

Featured Replies

  • Replies 164
  • Views 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brossart hasn't played in the CovCath tournament since 2004 (I think) when we were forced to miss a game due to a scheduling conflict with the district and/or 10th Region Tournament.

Since then we have opted not to play in the CovCath tournament.

We would certainly have liked to have taken a whack at it this year, but you can't pick and choose the years you play or don't play - you are either in or you are out.

It's something that we probably need to re-visit. The CovCath tournament is first-class event, whether you are a contender or not, and Scott and Simon Kenton seem to make it work.

 

Simon Kenton handed us our only defeat of the season. They must have a nice freshmen team as well.

 

Good luck to all on a great tournament!

CCH freshman handled Simon Kenton pretty handily early in the season and also, i believe Newport and Ludlow are not in this tournament consistantly. They join the tourney whenever they think their team can play with the big boys

CCH freshman handled Simon Kenton pretty handily early in the season and also, i believe Newport and Ludlow are not in this tournament consistantly. They join the tourney whenever they think their team can play with the big boys

 

I believe Newport has played in this tournament every year with the exception of last year. I would say that's pretty consistant. Lloyd not having a freshman team opened up one slot, which Ludlow filled.

I believe Newport has played in this tournament every year with the exception of last year. I would say that's pretty consistant. Lloyd not having a freshman team opened up one slot, which Ludlow filled.

 

Lloyd doesn't have a freshman basketball team?!? Wow.That is flat out embarrassing and should be so for everyone in that school system. Last year no freshman football. This year no freshman basketball. I know sports is sports and I am on the outside looking in, but to me those are red flags about the school system. They need something to change in the administration there to get some life back into that school.

Should be a great tournament. I look for Ludlow to upset?? Cooper. Dixie, Boone, CCH, Simon, Ryle, Scott all have good teams.

Is there anyone who could post team records on that bracket.......just curious?

Should be a great tournament. I look for Ludlow to upset?? Cooper. Dixie, Boone, CCH, Simon, Ryle, Scott all have good teams.

 

Boone Co? Highlands beat them by 40.

Boone Co? Highlands beat them by 40.

 

Highlands too. I see many teams here that could make a deep run.....

NCC beat Highlands, Ryle, Scott, SK, Boone, Cooper. Not too shabby!

Breds are 14-7, very tough first round matchup with Ryle.

 

Tournament is very wide open. CovCath is the favorite. They are 20-2 with no losses to NKY teams. Highlands, SK, Conner, NCC and Ryle are sleepers who might sneak up and win it. Scott is the defending champion and you cannot rule them out either.

Is there any type of rule that prevents teams from bringing frosh down from their JV teams that haven't played frosh ball all season? Also, will the age limit affect any rosters?

I'm thinking Cov Cath, Highlands or St. Henry have the best teams.

Only problem is they are all in the upper bracket?

Not sure who will come out of the bottom bracket, but the class of the tourney is up top.

I'll go with the 19-2 Cov Cath to win at home!

Is there any type of rule that prevents teams from bringing frosh down from their JV teams that haven't played frosh ball all season? Also, will the age limit affect any rosters?

 

The only requirement is that all participants must be freshman or younger. So, an 8th grader can play up, but a 10th grader can't play down. No rule preventing bringing a freshman down from the JV team for the tournament. I don't know if I remember any coach doing so in the past, but many kids who play both, or all three, have played in the tournament. Ludlow will have a freshman who plays on all three teams and is pretty talented.

Still confused on why NCC was seeded a #1 seed in the lower bracket?

 

I would agree St. Henry, Highlands, and CCH are the top 3 teams. Probably would say NCC is in that group also.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.