Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Calipari Uncensored

Featured Replies

  • Replies 187
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones looked like he was going to cry afterwards.

 

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. It's too bad that this was caught on camera, because it'll get blown WAY out of proportion.

^I have no problem with it, even if it is caught on camera. That's the type of language college kids use, and will respond more often too IMO. The fact that every thing Cal said is 100% true regarding Jones, makes it even more appropriate.

Coach Cal was caught by the ESPN cameras last night using some profanity in making his point to Terrence Jones last night. Seems to be a little controversy over Coach Cal's motivation techniques toward Terrence Jones in the Alabama game.

What do you think?

I was just surprised they kept the camera on him that long. Normally they cut away quick when you can lip read profanity.

 

I don't have any issue with Cal though.

If you've ever played a sport in your life, I'm sure you have heard your fair share of profanity in your lifetime. While there may be a few of you who haven't, I'd imagine the majority have seen it, heard it, and been around it for however long they were playing the sport so there isn't anything surprising there. I don't think its that big of a deal really.

If you've ever played a sport in your life, I'm sure you have heard your fair share of profanity in your lifetime. While there may be a few of you who haven't, I'd imagine the majority have seen it, heard it, and been around it for however long they were playing the sport so there isn't anything surprising there. I don't think its that big of a deal really.

 

:thumb:

It a mans game and sometime grown me use colorful language. Some try to make something out of nothing.

He was just telling the truth.

I would think that a good pct. of coaches will "go off" on a player/players at times. I don't think that all use that type language and I don't agree with the language Cal used, it wasn't very hard to read lips and I used rwnd and slow motion to make sure it was what I thought he said, and it was and was Bobby Knight like. Difference there is that Cal will not just rip a kid and leave it alone, imo he will be the first one to praise him when h plays well. The unfortunae/bad thin about this time was that it was in front of a national audiance with the camera closed in on it.

I guess we will have to see if there is any backlash from it.

The real story should be that whomever is working the "dump" button for televised sporting events has a bit of a reaction problem. I noticed many times during the bowl season that players were dropping "f" bombs, fans were "flipping the bird"...etc. Aren't live events on a 7 second delay?

I don't think it is ever appropriate to use the kind of language that Coach Cal used. Yes, I have played sports and yes, I've heard my fair share of profanity but it doesn't make it right nor should it ever be accepted as okay. As a Kentucky fan I'm very disappointed in Coach Cal's language. No player should be humiliated like the way Jones was last night in front of the public. There is absolutely no justification for that kind of language in sports or anything else for that matter. I do acknowlege that Calipari apologized for his outburst via Twitter and hopefully he will learn to use better discretion when handling players who are not living up to his standards of play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.