Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Calipari Uncensored

Featured Replies

I'd love to see this world that some of you think we live in. Rarely any coach, especially at the D-1 level, uses degrading and tearing down as an initial approach. Most use it as a last resort because the initial "coaching" was ignored. Heck, if Cal hasn't called Jones selfish at all this year he hasn't been watching his team. I'm interested to see what everyone's approach would be to an 18/19 year old start athlete when they repeatedly ignore your constant demands of being a team player. And don't give me the rec league approach of "sitting him" because the majority of people on here would be calling for Cal's head if they were losing games and he wasn't playing his best players.

 

What I'd take from it, if you don't want to be embarrassed on national TV and become a story, do what your coach is telling you. You're getting a free education and a direct path to millions of dollars. If you need to hear a few f-bombs on the way, suck it up. If you don't like it, pay for your own darn college.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And for me, it really all boils down to the slow and steady degradation of respect for others in society.

 

You seem to be ignoring the obvious lack of respect from the player to the coach. At no point do I think two wrong's make a right, but everyone has their boiling point.

For the record, I've never cussed toward a kid I've coached, EVER. However, I'm not coaching young adults.

For the record, I've never cussed toward a kid I've coached, EVER. However, I'm not coaching young adults.

 

:thumb: That's a huge factor in this. Jones, like it or not, is not a kid. He is an adult, and thus should be treated as such, and not coddled with kid gloves.

You seem to be ignoring the obvious lack of respect from the player to the coach. At no point do I think two wrong's make a right, but everyone has their boiling point.

 

There you go again. If two wrongs don't make a right, then there is no "but". There's no justification.

There you go again. If two wrongs don't make a right, then there is no "but". There's no justification.

 

Simply unrealistic. So you can't have a boiling point? Something that set's you off, ever? Again, I'd love to live in this world....

Simply unrealistic. So you can't have a boiling point? Something that set's you off, ever? Again, I'd love to live in this world....

 

Yes, I have a boiling point. But I also have self-discipline. I've learned to control my emotions. And if I'm in a situation where I can't simply not say anything, or I can't step away, I mentally take a step back and choose my words carefully. It's what adults do, and it's a part of growing up.

There you go again. If two wrongs don't make a right, then there is no "but". There's no justification.

 

One thing I am having trouble with RM is finding where you've ever criticized Slick Rick or Coach K for their language. If you just watch a UofL game or a Duke game, you see profanities flying from both numerous times.

 

Me thinks the team he coaches has something to do with your stance....:D

 

Sorry, you just knew someone had to go there. :lol:

One thing I am having trouble with RM is finding where you've ever criticized Slick Rick or Coach K for their language. If you just watch a UofL game or a Duke game, you see profanities flying from both numerous times.

 

Me thinks the team he coaches has something to do with your stance....:D

 

Sorry, you just knew someone had to go there. :lol:

 

Well, the fact of the matter is that the subject hasn't come up. I don't think ANYONE should use such language.

 

And, I'm not saying Calipari shouldn't be a coach or even that he's a bad person. What I am saying is that he shouldn't have used the language he used, and shouldn't be excused because he's a coach.

Well, the fact of the matter is that the subject hasn't come up. I don't think ANYONE should use such language.

 

And, I'm not saying Calipari shouldn't be a coach or even that he's a bad person. What I am saying is that he shouldn't have used the language he used, and shouldn't be excused because he's a coach.

 

I understand what you're saying, I just like to give ya a hard time! :D

 

FWIW, most everyone that is around Coach Cal has said he rarely ever uses curse words during games or practices, and almost never does so directed towards players. :idunno:

Yes, I have a boiling point. But I also have self-discipline. I've learned to control my emotions. And if I'm in a situation where I can't simply not say anything, or I can't step away, I mentally take a step back and choose my words carefully. It's what adults do, and it's a part of growing up.

 

Again, I think you're underestimating the situation. In your and my job/life, I'd bet it's a lot easier to take a step away or "mentally take a step back". In the course of a basketball game, not so much. If you approach your job in the same manner a coach approaches theirs, I commend you. I like my job, certainly don't love it.

Pretty big for Cal to apologize. I don't know that I've heard another college coach do that before and Knight, Pitino, K - they all use the same language. I was just listening to a youtube of Knight giving a little pep talk. Quite colorful use of some ugly words.

Cal apologized to the parents of future recruits, bottomline.

One thing I am having trouble with RM is finding where you've ever criticized Slick Rick or Coach K for their language. If you just watch a UofL game or a Duke game, you see profanities flying from both numerous times.

 

Me thinks the team he coaches has something to do with your stance....:D

 

Sorry, you just knew someone had to go there. :lol:

So, somewhere you've seen Coach K call one of his players publicly the mother of all curse words? I'd like to see that one.

Parking Jones on the bench and cursing at him at a 2 foot distance without cameras to intercept every lipreading moment is different IMO than what he did.

I do not like Jones. Hopefully there is not a NBA lockout hahaha.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.