Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Calipari Uncensored

Featured Replies

Both Coach Joe B. Hall and Denny Crum said it was wrong in the choice of words. Denny said he never cussed a player or a Ref. Joe B. said he didn't either until he came to Kentucky, but still didn't use words like Coach Cal used.

 

A Coach can use certain words to make a point, I have with my sons, but it was a rare time. The words Coach Cal used put him on "around the Horn/PTI." Wonder why like I asked before, slow news day. I don't think so.

 

Mustang, If Coach Knight is so "great" why isn't he coaching now?

 

C'mon Alabama Larry-Coach Knight has three crowns. The question of if he is so great why isn't he coaching now..silly. If Crum and Hall were so great why aren't they coaching now? Same silliness. Knight has three crowns. Crum two and Hall one. Now who do you really think had the most talent over that time? I am not condoning the language, but it is part of the culture, like it or not.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are thousands of other words in the English language. I thought pretty boy might know some, but I was wrong. Too bad Sam Kennison is dead, he'd make a great asst coach.

If my son's coach calls him a blankety-blanking selfish blankety blanker on national television; I'm asking my wife if it's true; or if coach is just saying that to make a point.

I'm sorry, but I am astounded that people think it's OK for a man in a position of authority to curse at a subordinate...and not just curse, but personally attack his character. Simply not right.

 

People condoning this care about only one thing--whether the coach is a winner. If this were BCG, they'd be all over him like white on rice, condemning him.

 

Simply astounding.

 

Sorry, but I don't get how Calipari attacked his character. Calling him selfish is justified and not beyond what a coach (any coach) is required to do if necessary. Sure you can disagree with the adjectives he used to further describe his selfishness, but the reality is Jones should have been more offended by being called selfish than anything that followed, especially, since what followed has no real implication to anything negative or personal. Had Cal called him something that was derogatory or more personal then I might understand people being upset. I personally have never had a problem with being talked to that way, I have seen that type of discipline from my days playing football and much worse while in the Marine Corp, both fraternity’s have forged great men using those methods, it’s a method I've used while serving as leader in the Marines and a method I use today as a leader, IMO levels of disappointment requires different levels of discipline, I’m not willing to degrade someone or demean them for any little offense but if I see a employee jeopardizing someone’s safety or repeatedly not living up to their potential then I’m more than willing to lay out my true feelings at the sake of damaging their ego and I think that’s probably a opinion most men share. IMO this kinder, gentler world is producing more powder puffs than strong resilient people...

Sorry, but I don't get how Calipari attacked his character. Calling him selfish is justified and not beyond what a coach (any coach) is required to do if necessary. Sure you can disagree with the adjectives he used to further describe his selfishness, but the reality is Jones should have been more offended by being called selfish than anything that followed, especially, since what followed has no real implication to anything negative or personal. Had Cal called him something that was derogatory or more personal then I might understand people being upset. I personally have never had a problem with being talked to that way, I have seen that type of discipline from my days playing football and much worse while in the Marine Corp, both fraternity’s have forged great men using those methods, it’s a method I've used while serving as leader in the Marines and a method I use today as a leader, IMO levels of disappointment requires different levels of discipline, I’m not willing to degrade someone or demean them for any little offense but if I see a employee jeopardizing someone’s safety or repeatedly not living up to their potential then I’m more than willing to lay out my true feelings at the sake of damaging their ego and I think that’s probably a opinion most men share. IMO this kinder, gentler world is producing more powder puffs than strong resilient people...

 

Look, telling someone they're selfish is likely an objective statement. Using the language he used in the context of calling him selfish is what brings it to a personal attack. He took it to "another level" by doing that. People forget that words are not "just words". The way words are used together, as well as the tones people use in their delivery make "words" much more powerful than simply the definitions used in a dictionary to describe each of them individually.

Sorry, but I don't get how Calipari attacked his character. Calling him selfish is justified and not beyond what a coach (any coach) is required to do if necessary. Sure you can disagree with the adjectives he used to further describe his selfishness, but the reality is Jones should have been more offended by being called selfish than anything that followed, especially, since what followed has no real implication to anything negative or personal. Had Cal called him something that was derogatory or more personal then I might understand people being upset. I personally have never had a problem with being talked to that way, I have seen that type of discipline from my days playing football and much worse while in the Marine Corp, both fraternity’s have forged great men using those methods, it’s a method I've used while serving as leader in the Marines and a method I use today as a leader, IMO levels of disappointment requires different levels of discipline, I’m not willing to degrade someone or demean them for any little offense but if I see a employee jeopardizing someone’s safety or repeatedly not living up to their potential then I’m more than willing to lay out my true feelings at the sake of damaging their ego and I think that’s probably a opinion most men share. IMO this kinder, gentler world is producing more powder puffs than strong resilient people...

 

I think that the bolded is true and that is WHY the use of the other adjectives was really unneeded. What are the other words supposed to do? I assume that they are to create a sense of urgency and for the shock value (again, I question that, if this type of language is used as much as everyone says that it is, it doesn't seem as though it would be shocking to hear it). I remember a former boss of mine (who was ex-military and a former football coach) who could get the exact point across in his body language and demeanor without using a single word of profanity. This man's very presence is still something I remember today. He wouldn't have had to use a single "MF" to let Jones know that he was playing selfishly.

 

As I said earlier, I'm not offended by what Cal said. It does, however, make me think less of him as an adult and a role model.

I really doubt that at this point in the season it is the first time that Cal has told Jones that he is selfish. Perhaps the additional adjectives will help to hammer in the point he was making. I guess we will find out tonight as to whether or not the tactic was effective.

I have no problem, but the rule #8 is violated many times with a far worse word that letters meaning cow manure. I don't think selective enforcement is right, but if it involves your team,school,or former school, then decide to enforce the rules. As for one word ,during a game I absolutely heard (with witnesses) Racelands football coach use the same language screaming at a player,all the while young,very young children could easily hear it. That type of language should probably never be used during the public game at the least. I apolgize for the very bad language I made a hint to, but I think the bomb one is about the 2nd worst that could be....imo As for Coach Calipari,I could care less what language he uses, but hopefully not in front of 7 yr olds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.