Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Calipari Uncensored

Featured Replies

Cal was wrong. He needs to expand his vocabulary. I don't think a 50-something year old man should talk to a kid like that. I don't care if he is the kid's coach. I don't imagine he scored many recruiting points with mothers by using "mother" the way he did.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cal was wrong. He needs to expand his vocabulary. I don't think a 50-something year old man should talk to a kid like that. I don't care if he is the kid's coach. I don't imagine he scored many recruiting points with mothers by using "mother" the way he did.

 

I would say those $$$ signs may outweigh his language.

The bottom line is, would you be okay with your boss saying that to you? Would you be okay with someone, anyone saying that to your child? Do you honestly think there is one iota of benefit to be gained from talking to another human being that way?

 

There is a reason Ned Flanders is hilarious on the Simpsons. Should Cal have called him a selfish Zippity-ding-dang-doodily, son! Jones was being exactly what Cal called him. The bottom line is if I'm being what I'm called, is it his fault or mine???

There is a reason Ned Flanders is hilarious on the Simpsons. Should Cal have called him a selfish Zippity-ding-dang-doodily, son! Jones was being exactly what Cal called him. The bottom line is if I'm being what I'm called, is it his fault or mine???

 

Fantastic!

This is what happens when everyone just needs to put a mic to pick up sound at every inch of the court. Do I blame ESPN for picking it up? Yes! Do I blame Cal? NO! As a few of us stated after the game last week, Jones gets to ball and it's like a black hole, he isn't interested in giving up the ball. What he said is the truth.

 

He will be in the NBA in 6 months, maybe, I think he is old enough to hear curse words directed to him, he isn't 12.

I'm sorry, but I am astounded that people think it's OK for a man in a position of authority to curse at a subordinate...and not just curse, but personally attack his character. Simply not right.

 

People condoning this care about only one thing--whether the coach is a winner. If this were BCG, they'd be all over him like white on rice, condemning him.

 

Simply astounding.

I'm sorry, but I am astounded that people think it's OK for a man in a position of authority to curse at a subordinate...and not just curse, but personally attack his character. Simply not right.

 

People condoning this care about only one thing--whether the coach is a winner. If this were BCG, they'd be all over him like white on rice, condemning him.

 

Simply astounding.

Mark it down, we agree!
I'm sorry, but I am astounded that people think it's OK for a man in a position of authority to curse at a subordinate...and not just curse, but personally attack his character. Simply not right.

 

People condoning this care about only one thing--whether the coach is a winner. If this were BCG, they'd be all over him like white on rice, condemning him.

 

Simply astounding.

 

So it's wrong for him to use the type of language that Jones and other college kids use as part of their normal vocabulary? If he felt he could've got through to him by using other words, he most likely would have. Fact is, calling him a "selfish player" isn't going to light a fire under his butt to prove him wrong. Calling him what he did, well that just might.

So it's wrong for him to use the type of language that Jones and other college kids use as part of their normal vocabulary? If he felt he could've got through to him by using other words, he most likely would have. Fact is, calling him a "selfish player" isn't going to light a fire under his butt to prove him wrong. Calling him what he did, well that just might.

 

 

 

Yes. It is wrong. He's the adult in the situation...AND in a position of authority. Is it ok for your boss to call you the same? If you had a son, would you curse him like that?

Yes. It is wrong. He's the adult in the situation...AND in a position of authority. Is it ok for your boss to call you the same? If you had a son, would you curse him like that?

 

How old is my son in the situation? If he's an adult (like Jones is), I would use whatever language/tone would get through to him. If that meant cursing, then so be it.

 

I would have zero problem with my boss using that language with me. I would never put myself in a situation where it was necessary, but if I did, it would not be an issue to me.

 

Also very telling in this all is how Jones responded yesterday to all the publicity this was getting. Sounds like he didn't mind it, most likely because he knows it was true.

How old is my son in the situation? If he's an adult (like Jones is), I would use whatever language/tone would get through to him. If that meant cursing, then so be it.
What difference does it make the age? It's about respect!

 

I would have zero problem with my boss using that language with me. I would never put myself in a situation where it was necessary, but if I did, it would not be an issue to me.

Once again, it's about respect. Your boss owes you respect. Language such as Calipari used is not respectful. As well, it indicates a lack of self control. As to you allowing your boss to use that language, that's an indication of a lack of self-respect. However, given your posts on BGP, I don't think you suffer from a lack of self-respect. I'll put this conversation down to trying to stand by your assertion and justify it no matter what. :lol:

 

Also very telling in this all is how Jones responded yesterday to all the publicity this was getting. Sounds like he didn't mind it, most likely because he knows it was true.

What else is he supposed to do? The kid got shamed on national TV. If it's true he doesn't mind, I'm sorry for him. However, I suspect he's a team player and is taking one for the team. To do otherwise would invite much more criticism than keeping his mouth shut and toeing the party line.

See, to me language is simply that, language. Nothing anyone can say to me will offend me. I mark it down more to him using language he thinks/knows will get Jones to respond, more than demeaning or "disrespecting" him. It really all boils down to me feeling that society takes language, not actions, way too seriously.

Pretty big for Cal to apologize. I don't know that I've heard another college coach do that before and Knight, Pitino, K - they all use the same language. I was just listening to a youtube of Knight giving a little pep talk. Quite colorful use of some ugly words.

If Jones had shown respect to the game and his teammates by doing what his coach asked, then he wouldn't have been disrespected by his coach. They each have reasons to look in the mirror - but the player controlls his actions and is accountable for them. As is the coach.

See, to me language is simply that, language. Nothing anyone can say to me will offend me. I mark it down more to him using language he thinks/knows will get Jones to respond, more than demeaning or "disrespecting" him. It really all boils down to me feeling that society takes language, not actions, way too seriously.

 

And for me, it really all boils down to the slow and steady degradation of respect for others in society.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.