Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How did you learn of BGP?

Featured Replies

Curious to hear about those early days, if you would have the info. Judging by your own join date, I'm assuming you were one of the first to join & may have some info? How many people in the first six months? Were the current threads in existence today all in existence back then? Was focus primarily in football or basketball?

 

The board / server has been purged multiple times since then...

 

I don't think there are many (any?) threads that were around back then that still exist today, unless they're in the classic BGP forum. Admittedly, I don't ever check the classic forum.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Either that or they'll just think you're a loser! :D

 

Yeah, that's a possibility too. :lol:

I remember my son talking about it so I checked it out. My first memory is some moron talking about Duran Jefferson and Austin Hill and other junior high kids that he thought had a chance to play in the NBA someday.

 

I stayed despite that jibberish.

 

BTW some of us have "joined" more than once.

 

I think I might know who that is. :lol:

The board / server has been purged multiple times since then...

 

I don't think there are many (any?) threads that were around back then that still exist today, unless they're in the classic BGP forum. Admittedly, I don't ever check the classic forum.

 

Oldest thread from the Classic forum is 2002.

The Guru invited me to come on board and be a moderator in the begining.

I did so until I agreed with the other mods that I step down.

My son's Youth Football team (6th grade) had just won the "National Championship" at Daytona Beach over Thanksgiving 2004. When we got home a friend of mine said that someone had posted about them on BGP.

 

I got the milk free for a while (just reading the boards), then bought the cow in 2006. Seems there was some injustice that I thought I needed to post on at the time....lol

I honestly don't remember. I think I was on another site talking high school football and was reading posts on here(like most people) but not posting and found the conversation here to be more mature and less inflammatory and liked the tone and then paid for it and became a member. I really don't remember when I joined. I'll have to wait until I post this to see when I joined. I love it here and will likely still be on here long after my 5th grader graduates or quits playing sports. There is no website that I spend more time at.

A co-worker told me about BGP in 2002, and that there were pictures from football scrimmage games on the sight. I read a lot of posts over a period of time. Sandman32 got me hooked on the football forum between Dixie and Trinity in 2004.

I remember my son talking about it so I checked it out. My first memory is some moron talking about Duran Jefferson and Austin Hill and other junior high kids that he thought had a chance to play in the NBA someday.

 

I stayed despite that jibberish.

 

BTW some of us have "joined" more than once.

 

 

You probably thought the same thing when you heard about some 6th grader at Rose Hill didn't you?

When I first joined I was a dude! :lol::lol::lol:

^ Instant Classic there.

Class of 2002 put us on the map.

Class of 2002 put us on the map.

 

 

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb: No other class comes close. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.