January 14, 201115 yr (Clears throat). I said "just to name a few". :lol: But yes, CC and RM are key members of the 2002 Class. I can't name them all, I might if I could find a way to find them all.
January 14, 201115 yr I said "just to name a few". :lol: But yes, CC and RM are key members of the 2002 Class. I can't name them all, I might if I could find a way to find them all. Members, Advanced Search, join date...
January 14, 201115 yr Members, Advanced Search, join date... WOW, what a list.... GT HB20 RM RP LRCW Watusi Gold Sunrise CC Bugatti Pep SE Bell SportsGuy41017 Sweet16 gchs_uk9 Godot Henry521 titletownclown so many greats there's to many to list
January 14, 201115 yr WOW, what a list.... GT HB20 RM RP LRCW Watusi Gold Sunrise CC Bugatti Pep SE Bell SportsGuy41017 Sweet16 gchs_uk9 Godot Henry521 titletownclown so many greats there's to many to list :cry:
January 14, 201115 yr WOW, what a list.... GT HB20 RM RP LRCW Watusi Gold Sunrise CC Bugatti Pep SE Bell SportsGuy41017 Sweet16 gchs_uk9 Godot Henry521 titletownclown so many greats there's to many to list :cry: :thumb:
January 14, 201115 yr When my son was an eighth grader I started going to the Fort Campbell games and I stumbled on BGP while searching for information about Kentucky High School Football teams. I joined when he was a Sophomore and the Falcons went on to win the next three 2A Championships. If I were superstitous I might think joining BGP was good luck. Edited January 14, 201115 yr by FC spelling
January 14, 201115 yr I remember my son talking about it so I checked it out. My first memory is some moron talking about Duran Jefferson and Austin Hill and other junior high kids that he thought had a chance to play in the NBA someday. I stayed despite that jibberish. BTW some of us have "joined" more than once.
January 14, 201115 yr Around 2001, I'm guessing, I just happened upon it while surfing for Ky High School Basketball stuff. Didn't join right away and just read it and started to see just how valuable it was to make following Ky High School sports that much more enjoyable. After awhile I started aching to respond or make comments about games I had attended, so I joined in January of 2002 to get in on the action. It certainly has brought me back to paying much more closer attention to what's going on. Before BGP and KHSAA.ORG, I must admit I had slipped out of the scene for far too long and barely knew what was going on. Too many lost years thinking that it wasn't 'cool' to be a hanger-on at high school games and that I had to get on with my life. Then sites like these made me realize that I had been missing something that I had immensely enjoyed as a youngster, and came around to thinking that it was plain silly not to jump back on board to stay abreast of something that I really enjoyed. I have a couple of nephews that were hugely into following high school sports while they were in high school who pay little attention now. I guess it's sorta normal after graduation to move on to other things. They are blown away to find that I'm really back into it, which might set an example to them that it's not uncool at all, and hopefully they one day find that there's a lot here to enjoy. I just wish that I had never fallen away and that I could get back those lost years, but thanks to BGP I'm here to stay. There's nothing more 'cool' than just doing what you like.
January 14, 201115 yr Just over 10 years. Curious to hear about those early days, if you would have the info. Judging by your own join date, I'm assuming you were one of the first to join & may have some info? How many people in the first six months? Were the current threads in existence today all in existence back then? Was focus primarily in football or basketball?
January 14, 201115 yr Around 2001, I'm guessing, I just happened upon it while surfing for Ky High School Basketball stuff. Didn't join right away and just read it and started to see just how valuable it was to make following Ky High School sports that much more enjoyable. After awhile I started aching to respond or make comments about games I had attended, so I joined in January of 2002 to get in on the action. It certainly has brought me back to paying much more closer attention to what's going on. Before BGP and KHSAA.ORG, I must admit I had slipped out of the scene for far too long and barely knew what was going on. Too many lost years thinking that it wasn't 'cool' to be a hanger-on at high school games and that I had to get on with my life. Then sites like these made me realize that I had been missing something that I had immensely enjoyed as a youngster, and came around to thinking that it was plain silly not to jump back on board to stay abreast of something that I really enjoyed. I have a couple of nephews that were hugely into following high school sports while they were in high school who pay little attention now. I guess it's sorta normal after graduation to move on to other things. They are blown away to find that I'm really back into it, which might set an example to them that it's not uncool at all, and hopefully they one day find that there's a lot here to enjoy. I just wish that I had never fallen away and that I could get back those lost years, but thanks to BGP I'm here to stay. There's nothing more 'cool' than just doing what you like. Either that or they'll just think you're a loser!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.