Newport Central Catholic 42 Owensboro Catholic 0

Walter

I can honestly admit that I thought this would be close. I didn't state that either team would score at will, win handily, etc., but I am still greatly surprised by how much NCC dominated this game. I'm happy that they did win and I'm even more happy that a title is back to NKY, particularly Campbell County.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the other NCC teams that were in the finals were better but this team played nice on both sides of the ball.

OC was very unimpressive physically and overmatched.

Congrats to NCC , great game !! Now we need the 2nd half of the NKY "daily double " to bring home the hardware !

I think some of the other NCC teams that were in the finals were better but this team played nice on both sides of the ball.

OC was very unimpressive physically and overmatched.

With all due respect, this team was better than every other one with the exception of '05 and I put those two as neck and neck. No other team could flat out match their tenacity.

Just returned home from the game and admit that I under estimated NCC and way over estimated O-Cath!!

Congrats to the 'Breds - the 2A Champs and undisputed best team in 2A for the year 2010.

I really thought this would be a shoot-out with neither team able to stop the other, that was not the case.

The only thing I will say about O-Cath is they had the largest contingent of fans that I have personally witnessed at a 2A game.

Oh, and Newcath's speed showed today too.

Hayes outran Hayden for a 71 yard td.

Plain and simple...Newcath is on a whole nother level when it comes to 2A football and I think this group could compete in 3A and 4A as well.

Hayden dosen't play defense...