Mayfield 47 Hazard 6

Bluto

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but the difference was, last year LCH called a timeout i think with about 1 and a half minutes left and went for another score! Something else i did not understand, if i had a son on the Hazard bench i would be very upset that the subs did not get into the game when the outcome was well decided, all those hours that these kids put in during the year they should of had the chance to play on the turf of a championship game. Give these future players a chance to experience the atmosphere, who knows if or when you get another chance, thougt the Hazard coach made a big mistake there!
:thumb::thumb:

Congrats to Mayfield and their fans on the state championship. I don't think there could be any debate now about who is the best 1A team in the state.

Hazard, congrats to you as well. Every 1A team in the state wanted to be playing football today and only two were. Hazard, you have nothing at all to be ashamed of.

So, to Mayfield and Hazard......:notworthy:. :thumb:

I stayed for all the games so I posted little on my phone. thanks guys for your compliments. I think this is Mayfield's 2nd best team all time or 3rd. 78 was the best. 95 would give this team a run.

This team had 11 running clocks

First team defense gave up 84 points all year

Mayfield offense lead the state in scoringthis year

Congrats to Mayfield and their fans on the state championship. I don't think there could be any debate now about who is the best 1A team in the state.

Hazard, congrats to you as well. Every 1A team in the state wanted to be playing football today and only two were. Hazard, you have nothing at all to be ashamed of.

So, to Mayfield and Hazard......:notworthy:. :thumb:

But O R don't you remember the excuses last year. Alot were saying we gave LCA five td's. This is the worst game we played all year! We had six turnovers. We gave them the game. This year Hazard had five turnovers. But no crying! Not a peep of we gave them four or five scores. Is the shoe on the other foot for Mayfield this year. I have thought Mayfield was the best 1A had to offer all year. But in the last few days I did feel Hazard may have a chance. Does some of the Mayfield faithful feel they were given four or five scores because of the turnovers? Or did they earn them all!

Don't get all upset Mayfield. You are the best this year.:thumb: No doubt about it:thumb: And no one is saying any different. Unlike last year!!:cry::cry:

You can't hide behind your post anymore. You have knocked Mayfield every chance you get and the last post was no difference. When your team ever does anything of note let us know and we might just listen to your post. Till then I will just over look yours because your not worth listening to especially if your a coach.

I've seen Mayfield play many times in semi-finals and finals over the years and I think this might be the best Mayfield team I've ever seen. Do the Mayfield fans agree? Is this year's team the best in your opinion?

It's hard to say...I don't think we have ever fielded a group with this much overall team speed...the '77 and '78 teams were power teams that just ran over you..(some folks around here consider the '78 team to be our best team, but that is arguable) it would be an interesting game between the speed and explosiveness of this year's team versus the power of the '78 squad. One thing is for sure, the 2010 edition has put themselves deep into that conversation.

But O R don't you remember the excuses last year. Alot were saying we gave LCA five td's. This is the worst game we played all year! We had six turnovers. We gave them the game. This year Hazard had five turnovers. But no crying! Not a peep of we gave them four or five scores. Is the shoe on the other foot for Mayfield this year. I have thought Mayfield was the best 1A had to offer all year. But in the last few days I did feel Hazard may have a chance. Does some of the Mayfield faithful feel they were given four or five scores because of the turnovers? Or did they earn them all!

Don't get all upset Mayfield. You are the best this year.:thumb: No doubt about it:thumb: And no one is saying any different. Unlike last year!!:cry::cry:

yes, we did not help ourself with 6 turnovers last year, but as i have said it would not have mattered, LC would have beaten Mhs in 10 out of 10 games on our own field none-the-less! They were that good, And the same goes for Hazard, they sure did not help themselves in the first quarter, but MHS would beat them 10 of 10, We were WAY better in All aspects of the game!

It's hard to say...I don't think we have ever fielded a group with this much overall team speed...the '77 and '78 teams were power teams that just ran over you..(some folks around here consider the '78 team to be our best team, but that is arguable) it would be an interesting game between the speed and explosiveness of this year's team versus the power of the '78 squad. One thing is for sure, the 2010 edition has put themselves deep into that conversation.

2010, best team at MHS, EVER, PERIOD!!!!!

You can't hide behind your post anymore. You have knocked Mayfield every chance you get and the last post was no difference. When your team ever does anything of note let us know and we might just listen to your post. Till then I will just over look yours because your not worth listening to especially if your a coach.

But what is the answer to his question?

I would say turnovers often happen because one team is not as good as the other. The players try too hard to make plays and force things or they are a step slower or ... I think the Hazard turnovers happened in part because they had not faced a team like Mayfield all year so Mayfield gets credit for some of that. Same would be true for Mayfield versus LCA last year. LCA was just that good and the turnovers happened in part because of that.

Maybe we don't get a running clock, but a convincing win nonetheless. What's the difference. They score 2 or 3 times with their first string without turnovers, we leave our 1st string in and don't sub with our JV for the entire 4th quarter who's to say the final isn't something like 61 to 14 or 21. Who really cares, anyone in attendance knows what took place on that field. 90 yards of Hazard's offense came in the last 3 minutes of the game. :sssh: