Mayfield 47 Hazard 6

Bluto

Crittenden County was the toughest opponet Mayfield faced in 2010, I will give them that, followed by Beechwood and LHC. LHC and Hazard are so contraqsting in style I am unsure what to think of that matchup. I was unimpressed with the line play of Hazard, they were huge but that is about it.

You can run your mouth when you win,Hazard will be back next year,I hope Mayfield will two.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crittenden County was the toughest opponet Mayfield faced in 2010, I will give them that, followed by Beechwood and LHC. LHC and Hazard are so contraqsting in style I am unsure what to think of that matchup. I was unimpressed with the line play of Hazard, they were huge but that is about it.

I think Mayfield got beat the same way last year by LCA,And i pretty sure Hazard would beaten them too.

Pikeville and Kentucky Country Day aren't and weren't top-10 teams. Crittenden County was, and I suspect the Bethlehem team that beat them in the first round of the playoffs was, too.

Hazard was a good team that happened not to play well in the championship game and was overrun by a great Class A team.

Crittenden was a for sure Top 10 team until there top lineman went down with injury and they had a couple of key suspensions, as well. With those guys, yes, without those guys, maybe. I ranked KCD ahead of Bethlehem simply because they beat them heads up and also placed ahead of them in the district and they did give Holy cross a decent game. But, not seeing them nor Pikeville and Bethlehem, its really just an educated guess. really, after the Top 5 or 6 teams, it was a pretty weak class all the way around. Ballard may well have been a Top 10 team, too.

I think Mayfield got beat the same way last year by LCA,And i pretty sure Hazard would beaten them too.

Thats very possible, but, the one deterent in last years game was Mayfields line wasn't able to get any pressure on the QB and you let a kid like that have all day to throw and it spells trouble. Plus, he had very good wheels and could tuck and run it effectively. I don't think Hazards line would have been able to contain Mayfields pressure as well as LCAs line did and I know Combs couldn't run it near as well, nor did they have a RB in the class of Hayden. They may have beaten Mayfield last year, its hard to say, but, I certainly dont think it was a given. I also think had LCA played Mayfield in the finals this year instead of Hazard, it would have been alot closer game.

Crittenden was a for sure Top 10 team until there top lineman went down with injury and they had a couple of key suspensions, as well. With those guys, yes, without those guys, maybe. I ranked KCD ahead of Bethlehem simply because they beat them heads up and also placed ahead of them in the district and they did give Holy cross a decent game. But, not seeing them nor Pikeville and Bethlehem, its really just an educated guess. really, after the Top 5 or 6 teams, it was a pretty weak class all the way around. Ballard may well have been a Top 10 team, too.
Bethlehem had their top two playmakers (QB and RB-wildcat QB) out for the Kentucky Country Day game. If memory serves, Ballard led KCD 41-7 late in the first half ... that's not a top-10 team.

Bethlehem had their top two playmakers (QB and RB-wildcat QB) out for the Kentucky Country Day game. If memory serves, Ballard led KCD 41-7 late in the first half ... that's not a top-10 team.

Probably so, but, losing to a team who was trailing Ballard that bad probably doesn't either, even missing a couple of players. I realize they beat Crittenden in the playoffs, but, that was minus 3 key pieces to Crittendens team, too. Pikeville may not deserve a Top 10 ranking either, but, they did win there district rather easily and make the quarter finals. Certainly, the last 2-3 teams 8,9,10 in Class A could be debated, but, like I said, they all have flaws and had no chance to beat the upper level (top5) 1a teams, but, someone has to be placed there......

You can run your mouth when you win,Hazard will be back next year,I hope Mayfield will two.

I stand by my observation and I think most other Cards fans would agree. Crittenden played Mayfield closer and tougher than any other 1A team. You seem very sure of Hazard and that is suprising considering they have never won anything. I would think safer money is on 8 time champ Mayfield or 11 time champ Beechwood but of course the 1A east will have be weak so maybe they will make it back but I doubt they can win it next year

I stand by my observation and I think most other Cards fans would agree. Crittenden played Mayfield closer and tougher than any other 1A team. You seem very sure of Hazard and that is suprising considering they have never won anything. I would think safer money is on 8 time champ Mayfield or 11 time champ Beechwood but of course the 1A east will have be weak so maybe they will make it back but I doubt they can win it next year

TP...you seem to be knowledgeable about the game so I feel comfortable when I say this. When it comes to bitter rivals you can throw records out the window because those games always seem to be close battles. BW and NCC seem to do battle every year no matter how "down" they are. Now, I can't speak to the talent of Crittenden, but if you are convinced they are the best behind Mayfield...then who am I to argue, however, is it possible that since they are your rival you perhaps took their best shot and that's why they "appeared" to be the toughest 1A you played? Again, I know nothing about them, but as I looked at their schedule they got beat pretty handily twice by LHC...a team you scored 59 unanswered pts on.

I don't have the time to spend on here that a lot of people seem to have so I'm trying to play catch-up and scan the threads...lord have mercy! I love the passion from everyone, but time to hang-up the pads for a few months :)

Congrat's on the big win! You guy's made the call early on and your team backed it up.

Edited by Crunch-time
spell

TP...you seem to be knowledgeable about the game so I feel comfortable when I say this. When it comes to bitter rivals you can throw records out the window because those games always seem to be close battles. BW and NCC seem to do battle every year no matter how "down" they are. Now, I can't speak to the talent of Crittenden, but if you are convinced they are the best behind Mayfield...then who am I to argue, however, is it possible that since they are your rival you perhaps took their best shot and that's why they "appeared" to be the toughest 1A you played? Again, I know nothing about them, but as I looked at their schedule they got beat pretty handily twice by LHC...a team you scored 59 unanswered pts on.

I don't have the time to spend on here that a lot of people seem to have so I'm trying to play catch-up and scan the threads...lord have mercy! I love the passion from everyone, but time to hang-up the pads for a few months :)

Congrat's on the big win! You guy's made the call early on and your team backed it up.

Crunch, I never said they were better than BW. I think you are reading to much into my comments. You are spot on, they play us hard. I would have ranked BW 2nd, Hazard #3, LCA #4 and Crittenden #5 before the injuries wrecked their season, LCA #6.

Not speaking for TP, Crittenden did play us well but I still think Beechwood was the second best 1A team Mayfield played.

Absolutely do not agree with you snake, Beechwood did manage to score on the MHS starters twice and Hazard could not do that! Beechwood was the best 1-A team we played!

Edited by rookie57
typing error