Mayfield 47 Hazard 6

Bluto

The thing about LCA's massacre of Mayfield last year was the late scoring which I found to be in poor taste. They were better but we did alot to help them but you know what, it doesn't really bother or even matter to me anymore. Let's say I moved on yesterday

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what is the answer to his question?

I would say turnovers often happen because one team is not as good as the other. The players try too hard to make plays and force things or they are a step slower or ... I think the Hazard turnovers happened in part because they had not faced a team like Mayfield all year so Mayfield gets credit for some of that. Same would be true for Mayfield versus LCA last year. LCA was just that good and the turnovers happened in part because of that.

The answer Voice is that LCA was the better team and they caused all but one turnover that Mayfield had.

You can't hide behind your post anymore. You have knocked Mayfield every chance you get and the last post was no difference. When your team ever does anything of note let us know and we might just listen to your post. Till then I will just over look yours because your not worth listening to especially if your a coach.

Your wrong! Mayfield is #1 just like I said!!

I would say turnovers often happen because one team is not as good as the other. The players try too hard to make plays and force things or they are a step slower or ... I think the Hazard turnovers happened in part because they had not faced a team like Mayfield all year so Mayfield gets credit for some of that. Same would be true for Mayfield versus LCA last year. LCA was just that good and the turnovers happened in part because of that.

My answer to the question is. If a team has five or six turnovers its 99.9% of the time caused by the better team. Many things cause these turnovers. But you don't see these turnovers when two teams are even. You may see two or three turnovers to two, something like that. But when the turnovers are 5-1 or 6-0. Thats due to alot better team on the other side!! Mayfield this year is alot better team then any team is 1A.

Maybe we don't get a running clock' date=' but a convincing win nonetheless. What's the difference. They score 2 or 3 times with their first string without turnovers, we leave our 1st string in and don't sub with our JV for the entire 4th quarter who's to say the final isn't something like 61 to 14 or 21. Who really cares, anyone in attendance knows what took place on that field. 90 yards of Hazard's offense came in the last 3 minutes of the game. :sssh:[/quote']

And Mayfield is the best in 1A.

Hazard was simply outmatched. I believe Ballard Memorial could give them a good game and Crittenden County could beat them. The poll people had them wrong this year. Beechwood was a solid team and they were the 2nd best team and Louisville Holy Cross was 3rd, Crittenden County was 4th. Thats just the ones I saw from 1A. Bethlehem should be in the mix somewhere. A note: Mayfield played it's final 3 games on the road. Up to LHC 1st, then Beechwood and finally BG. That was a hard test for any team to do and the Cards came through it. BG wasn't too bad of a trip for the Cards or it's fans.

well said VOR! I have to say i agree!

Just got in from BG... man, it was good to be on the winning side of the scoreboard! I feel for the folks from Hazard because we had the same thing done to us last year. As for the game, all I can say is WOW! Everyone contributed to this win. I'm very proud of a defensive unit that stymied a very potent offense...Number 8 feels great.

The folks in Hazard are ok, just had more turnovers than they could afford against agood team like Mayfield .Mayfield had the better team this time.Hazard team has nothing to fill bad about,maybe they can get back and make a better showing next year.

The thing about LCA's massacre of Mayfield last year was the late scoring which I found to be in poor taste. They were better but we did alot to help them but you know what, it doesn't really bother or even matter to me anymore. Let's say I moved on yesterday

I find your criticism in poor taste. LCA's final touchdown came when a backup running back capped off a 9 and a half minute drive where LCA ran the ball down your throat taking all the time off the clock that they could.

I find your criticism in poor taste. LCA's final touchdown came when a backup running back capped off a 9 and a half minute drive where LCA ran the ball down your throat taking all the time off the clock that they could.

LCA was in poor taste for most Mayfieldians. They could have done what we did this year. Out freshman had a first and goal after driving down field with 4 minutes to go and we lined up in the victory formation and took 4 knees. Hazard got the ball back and their first team drove the length of the field and scored with under a minute to play on our freshmen for the final of 47-6. The week before at Beechwood we are up 38-14 and have the ball indside the Beechwood 10 late in the game and we take 4 knees. I guess showing your opponet respect is viewed differently by some but that is how we handled it and I did not appreciate LCA piling on. Both times we could have scored meaningless TD's but we decided to show respect to our opponets.

LCA was in poor taste for most Mayfieldians. They could have done what we did this year. Out freshman had a first and goal after driving down field with 4 minutes to go and we lined up in the victory formation and took 4 knees. Hazard got the ball back and their first team drove the length of the field and scored with under a minute to play on our freshmen for the final of 47-6. The week before at Beechwood we are up 38-14 and have the ball indside the Beechwood 10 late in the game and we take 4 knees. I guess showing your opponet respect is viewed differently by some but that is how we handled it and I did not appreciate LCA piling on. Both times we could have scored meaningless TD's but we decided to show respect to our opponets.

Spot on again TP! MHS coaches did what a class program does!