Highlands/Christian County 5A State Final (Who wins and why?)

katbird

Who wins?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good information! I hope the HHS coaching staff knows this. How fast is he?

Not sure how fast he is but Hickey has D1 athleticism and speed. Kid is lightning quick and has great balance, hence him being named the #3 player in the state for this upcoming season in hoops.

What makes him so good though is his ability to change speeds. He isn't very big at 5'11-6'0, but very strong.

Actually Tandy is even better on the football field.

He has Div 1 hoops offers from WKU, Marshall, to name a couple. The kid is a stud athlete and lightning fast. The Birds will definitely have to build a fence around that kid and apparently this other kid named Tandy.

I believe Tandy is faster too.

Tandy is another very nice athlete. Forgot all about him.

I saw him last year against Holmes and he is a good sized kid. Probably in the 6'4-6'5 range and rocked up.

Highlands will have their hands full with these too, for sure. IMO, these will be the two best athletes the Birds have seen this season.

Walter , is the game going to be webcast ? If so , can you post a link ? (Thanks in advance )

Not sure about video, but I believe the KHSAA does a radio broadcast for all state championship games, that can be heard on their site.

Ihigh (who we partner with) is who brings the video highlights for basketball. Not sure how they do it for football though.

Not sure about video, but I believe the KHSAA does a radio broadcast for all state championship games, that can be heard on their site.

Ihigh (who we partner with) is who brings the video highlights for basketball. Not sure how they do it for football though.

I believe the KHSAA does a video broadcast of every game, which it releases on a 24 hour delay.

Not sure how fast he is but Hickey has D1 athleticism and speed. Kid is lightning quick and has great balance, hence him being named the #3 player in the state for this upcoming season in hoops.

What makes him so good though is his ability to change speeds. He isn't very big at 5'11-6'0, but very strong.

Tandy is another very nice athlete. Forgot all about him.

I saw him last year against Holmes and he is a good sized kid. Probably in the 6'4-6'5 range and rocked up.

Highlands will have their hands full with these too, for sure. IMO, these will be the two best athletes the Birds have seen this season

Is this the Bubba Tandy from the 08' state squad that gave Highlands fits?

Hickey will be the fastest kid on the field, the question will be can CC control the line of scrimmage and create space for him?

Highlands will have to be disciplined and gang tackle because they will be chasing waterbugs all day.

So it's business as usual for the Birds ? Are these so called waterbugs comparable to JJ Jude and company . I think Abner and Bruns will take care of business , they haven't taken a day off yet . They have been the backbone of this D all year , look for a more intensified D , this is the most important game of their lives and they will play their hearts out to get that state title. Go Birds !!!! Win state !!!! :thumb:

So it's business as usual for the Birds ? Are these so called waterbugs comparable to JJ Jude and company . I think Abner and Bruns will take care of business , they haven't taken a day off yet . They have been the backbone of this D all year , look for a more intensified D , this is the most important game of their lives and they will play their hearts out to get that state title. Go Birds !!!! Win state !!!! :thumb:

Hickey is faster than JJ Jude and has much more athleticism. Not sure about the size comparison but I'd say Hickey is probably 6'0 and in the 170-180 range.

Tandy is 6'4 or 6'5 and as I said before, absolutely rocked up.

No disrespect to Bruns or Abner, but nobody on Holmes' team last year could keep up with Hickey and nobody on their 08 state championship team could keep up with him either. Again, this will be the best athlete that Highlands has seen this year. He changes speeds very well and is extremely fast.

As long as Highlands continues to play TEAM ball on defense and gang tackle, they should be fine. Just trying to point out that CC has the athletes to give the Birds some problems.

The players have seen the film and are duly impressed. They recognize the challenge they have in front of them and realize what they have to do to reach their goal. This is going to be a tough, tough game.

Darn right it will be. This game will come down to execution and discipline if the Birds are to win. No fumbles, no penalties, no mistakes on covering kicks and punts, throwing the ball away when necessary instead of forcing the pass, no mistakes on blocking assignments, no dropped passes, no blown coverages by the secondary. This will be on of the few games the Birds have the fewer "athletes" on the field. CC also has an exceptional coaching staff. So, it's time for the Birds to execute the complete game and have great discipline. The Birds do that and I like our chances. They don't, and CC has the players and coaching staff to stop the Birds.