Highlands/Christian County 5A State Final (Who wins and why?)

katbird

Who wins?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Aug 21, 10 Warren Central at WKU 15 - 8 (W) Click Rafferty's Bowl

Aug 28, 10 Clarksville, TN at Stadium of Champions, Hopkinsville 26 - 13 (W) Click Toyota of Hopkinsville Jerry Claiborne Bowl

Sep 3, 10 Henderson County home 42 - 14 (W) Click

Sep 10, 10 Pleasure Ridge Park away 39 - 32 (W) Click

Sep 17, 10 Hopkinsville away 42 - 15 (W) Click

Sep 24, 10 Madisonville-North Hopkins home 27 - 24 (W) Click

Oct 1, 10 Owensboro away 21 - 0 (W) Click

Oct 8, 10 Ohio County home 71 - 7 (W) Click

Oct 22, 10 Oakland, TN home 8 - 35 (L) Click

Oct 29, 10 Boyle County away 33 - 49 (L) Click

Nov 5, 10 Barren County home 54 - 0 (W) Click 2010 Class 5A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

Nov 12, 10 Bowling Green home 14 - 10 (W) Click 2010 Class 5A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

Nov 19, 10 Warren Central away 27 - 26 (W) Click 2010 Class 5A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

overtime

Nov 26, 10 John Hardin away 45 - 20 (W) no 2010 Class 5A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Boyle Co. really put a beat down on them earlier in the year..

Rebels ran all over them and built a 28-7 lead. CC made some plays and go back in it but the Rebels never trailed. The Colonels are super athletic and very deadly in space. But so is the Highlands defense IMO.

Rebels ran all over them and built a 28-7 lead. CC made some plays and go back in it but the Rebels never trailed. The Colonels are super athletic and very deadly in space. But so is the Highlands defense IMO.

Are they more of a running team or throwing?

Are they more of a running team or throwing?

Here are their stats going into last night's game:

11 - 2 Record (wins - losses)

419 Points Scored

233 Points Allowed

2532 Total Rushing Yards

2208 Total Rushing Yards Allowed

1778 Total Passing Yards

1326 Total Passing Yards Allowed

Against Boyle they rushed the ball 21 times for 131 yards. Threw the ball 15 times (completed 8 with 2 TD's) for 143 yards. Tandy scored on a long KO return and a reception.

Boyle rushed for 448 yards. That's why I was telling you that the run game of HHS will succeed and set up the pass.

I'm shocked at the poll results and the people wanting to hand the trophy to the Birds already. Yes, I believe they will win IF they stay focused and bring the intensity they've been showing. However, any team that beats John Hardin like they did after beating BG and Warren Central had better be given the respect they've earned. I believe our coaches and players will do so once again. Go Birds!

Highlands wins another championship. The championship game has already been played at JCHS

I guess there is no point in going to Bowling Green then.

I think Highlands will win this one but everyone understand estimating CC is making a mistake. If they can stay disciplined and not give up the big plays I think they have a good chance of pulling the upset. Bubba Tandy is probably the most underrated player in the state. CC has probably as much overall team speed as anyone HHS has played this year.

CC has a hard time stopping the run, Towles will have a field day but the problem will be if Highlands can stop Tandy. The kid is one of the fastest in the state.

They held Mr. JJ Jude to 95yds on 28 carries..If CC is all about one player HHS will shut him down and win..

They held Mr. JJ Jude to 95yds on 28 carries..If CC is all about one player HHS will shut him down and win..

Sorry but it won't be that easy. Tandy is not all CC has, he is just the best they have. Again I do think HHS will win but this is the best CC team I have seen in years. If they play like they are capable of HHS will have their hands full.

I totally expect Highlands to have their hands full with CC. I dont think any level headed Highlands fan would ever suggest tha Highlands will run away with this. The Birds play their best when they know whats on the line and when somebody is in their way. Dale will have his guys ready as will CC. The Birds know that they could do something very special by becoming a Mediocre team that wins it. LOL. With that said, I see Highlands assuming the underdog role in this one. Go Birds 20n10

Sorry but it won't be that easy. Tandy is not all CC has, he is just the best they have. Again I do think HHS will win but this is the best CC team I have seen in years. If they play like they are capable of HHS will have their hands full.

Highlands wont stop Tandy and CC, they just must contain them. Same task as with Jude, he is going to get his yds. People act as if Jude had a bad game. Anyone who gets 95 yds rushing against Highlands is awful good and didnt fail imo, they were just contained and limited. The interesting thing about this Birds D this yr is that their opponents have played within Highlands red zone all yr long with few pts to account for when they counted the most. Go Birds 20n10

I'm shocked at the poll results and the people wanting to hand the trophy to the Birds already. Yes, I believe they will win IF they stay focused and bring the intensity they've been showing. However, any team that beats John Hardin like they did after beating BG and Warren Central had better be given the respect they've earned. I believe our coaches and players will do so once again. Go Birds!

For certain. CC, BG, JH & HHS have been 5A football in the 6 class era. No way Highlands will not treat them with the respect they deserve.

Well it't official....

Just saw Adam Weinel,Ty Seidl and Austin Abner walking out of Smitty's barber shop sporting newly cut "Mohawk" haircuts. A tradition that was started a few years back whenever the Birds were playing in the finals, the boys would go get the Bosworth doo.....Love it!!!!!

Go Birds!!!!!