Highlands/Christian County 5A State Final (Who wins and why?)

katbird

Who wins?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I see IHIGH is having live audio coverage of the HHS vs CC game. Does anybody know of any live video of the game ? Is Beef-O BRADY's going to have any HS games live ?
I think the HHS webcast guys will be doing live audio as well. The KHSAA will have the video, two hours after the game.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that CC will key on Patrick Towles. They will try and put alot of pressure on him and hope he makes a mistake in the air. They'll also try and contain Towles on the ground. If they keep Towles in check on the ground and limit the Birds to 3rd and longs, they're chances are better at hangin' in the game. The Bird pass offense has shown to be ineffective against speedy defensive secondary's as well. Highlands D will contain Christian County, but they'll get their points. I look for Weinel to win it with a FG 24-21. (oh, and yes, I'm still on the McCoy backfield bandwagon).:D:p

Hey, a great big Bluebird shout out to the parents that replaced the signs on Memorial Parkway today. After the many long hours of hard work (and I'm sure a few beverages to boot), making signs for the team to see and appreciate, those signs is question were destroyed last evening by some, well lets just call them Non-Bird fans! New signs look awesome. What a great message! Keep up the great work parents!!!

Go Birds!!! 20n10!!!

Hey, a great big Bluebird shout out to the parents that replaced the signs on Memorial Parkway today. After the many long hours of hard work (and I'm sure a few beverages to boot), making signs for the team to see and appreciate, those signs is question were destroyed last evening by some, well lets just call them Non-Bird fans! New signs look awesome. What a great message! Keep up the great work parents!!!

Go Birds!!! 20n10!!!

I agree, those bluebird mom's are "awesome"

Highlands results in state finals since 1998...

35-7

35-15

28-7

22-6

10-44

48-27

48-10

56-7

Win or lose, it doesn't seem that they play close games in the finals. I'm going with a blowout. :D

Was it '95 when they lost to Bowling Green with Justin Frisk as a junior I think???

This year, their experience can't go unnoticed; playing in big games and expecting to win and knowing how to win (no TO's and no mental mistakes) are invaluable tools; the Birds will pull out a close one.

I agree, those bluebird mom's are "awesome"

Word on the street in Ft Thomas is those signs are being watched tonite by lets just say "Tdyballgame". WOW!!!! Heard he is pullin an all nighter standing guard and then Henry takes over in the morning. I wouldnt want to get caught layin my paws on those babies tonite with the Big Dog layin in the weeds. LOL. Go Birds 20n10

Pony up and make the drive.

My pony went lame ! I've got family matters to take care of. Speaking of family , there will be plenty of my family members in attendance at the big game, hope they get to enjoy watching the Birds bring home # 20 !

I hope everybody travels safely to and from BG , and there are no serious injuries on either team . C'mon Birds , impress me one more time !!!! Go Birds !!!! 20n10 !!

Word on the street in Ft Thomas is those signs are being watched tonite by lets just say "Tdyballgame". WOW!!!! Heard he is pullin an all nighter standing guard and then Henry takes over in the morning. I wouldnt want to get caught layin my paws on those babies tonite with the Big Dog layin in the weeds. LOL. Go Birds 20n10

I happened to be in KY today , and saw some great looking signs on the fence at the waterworks , outstanding job . I was in a hurry and didn't go by the high school to check it out , but I'm sure it looks good also !!

I think that was TBG in camo holding a 12 guage in one hand and a 44 in the other hand , looks like the signs will be "fine " in the fort !! :D

The Birds will win this thing I have no doubt. Who cares if it's by 50 or 5. All the long hours and hard work will be realized Saturday. If I'm sounding arrogant or over confident I'm certainly not trying to be. I just have enough faith in the Highlands system to know that this is what they've been preparing to do for the last 50 weeks or so. There are no ifs, ands or buts here. Highlands winning this game isn't contingent on anything or anyone, though Santa did come a little early this year.:D

According to the paper in Christian County, starting defensive back Juan Jones will not play, and starting running back Anthony Buckner "may" miss the game as well. Buckner leads the Colonels with 877 receiving yards and 10 receptions for touchdowns. He had a slight knee injury right before the half last week, but finished the game on it., adding a 54 yard TD reception.

The signs all over town are awesome. Saw one of the Bird moms putting up some streamers on a pole by St. Thomas this afternoon. But the cup sign down on the Memorial Resevoir is the best! :thumb:

GO BIRDS!

There's no place like Fort Thomas at this time of the year when they are deep into the playoffs or just before the title game. I consider it very cool with living near it and it is a sight to see for others not familar with the area. It is impossible to deny that the Birds do not have the support in their community. Good luck Saturday.