Boyle County Classless?

TheLegends64

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What's up with whacking someones goal posts with a hammer EJ?

It's some type of East Jessamine ritual to go to an opponents field and have the player of the day take a sledge hammer and hit the goal post.

They did it at Boyle and Rebel staff came and took the hammer away.

It did ding the paint and made a few marks and dents from what I was told.

I really don't get the attitude that you can go into someone else's field and just do some things like do at your field and not expect a reaction. :confused:

Boyle was up by 40 points and tried a halfback pass throwback pass to the QB, then a reverse to Dawson later on, while the running clock was going. On the last drive of the game they had all starters in and got in a hurry up offense with 1 minute left to go. At the same time a student had the old East Jessamine hammer running up and down the sidelines. I got a good look at the post post that was supposedly damaged, not a scratch. Boyle County has 0 class. Maybe Bell can take it to them. I could careless what Boyle supporters think. You can defend your team all you want, and I'm not talking about the kids. They play hard and are very good.

Congrats to Boyle Co. sounds like a great game.

I think the ole Sledge hammer show did nothing but fire up Boyle. If East Jess ever came into Highlands and started beating on our goal post with a sledge hammer, the ole cannon may have to come out of retirement.:D

Edited by Henry521

Not knowing the whole situation, just going by the score, I say NO! It's the playoffs! Teams that are good enough to advance need to have their starters in as much as possible, as well as if the opporunity is there to also try some plays they need to work on.

My first reaction is why would you show such a trick play when you're up 40-0. I think it's not very bright to do so. Always a good idea to keep plays like that for another game when you might need the element of surprise.

My first reaction is why would you show such a trick play when you're up 40-0. I think it's not very bright to do so. Always a good idea to keep plays like that for another game when you might need the element of surprise.

I'm pretty sure the Rebels have used that play more than once this year. It's not really a secret in their arsenel. :thumb:

Hitting the opponent's goal post with a sledge hammer? Sounds like EJ is the classless team. There are other ways to fire yourselves up without damaging your opponent's facilities.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Boyle County has ALWAYS had a class program and still does. This thread is more about sour grapes than anything else IMO. Just deal with the loss and get better.

It's some type of East Jessamine ritual to go to an opponents field and have the player of the day take a sledge hammer and hit the goal post.

They did it at Boyle and Rebel staff came and took the hammer away.

It did ding the paint and made a few marks and dents from what I was told.

I really don't get the attitude that you can go into someone else's field and just do some things like do at your field and not expect a reaction. :confused:

I agree I could not imagine doing such a thing to anyone. A team should have a business like attitude and play the game showing respect for your opponent and the game.

You need to work on any play in games, working on plays vs your 2nd team and an opponent are not the same! Doing so while up a few TD's is a good time to do this. Plus, we found out after my post that the actually accounts of the game was not what some from EJ have mentioned.