Boyle County Classless?

TheLegends64

Hitting the opponent's goal post with a sledge hammer? Sounds like EJ is the classless team. There are other ways to fire yourselves up without damaging your opponent's facilities.

I agree 100! and the coaches and administration at EJ allows such action? Seems like the police on hand should just cart the person(s) away for doing this vandalism.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the situation but this is the 2nd round of the playoffs, and Boyle is a team thinking about going all the way. East Jessamine was good enough to get to the playoffs (don't know how many teams were in their district) and good enough to win a game. Forgive Boyle for playing a full game, a team cannot afford to take half a game off at this time of year (except in the most of extreme cicrumstances). I would think that alot of what they were doinig was trying to get things on tape so that other teams would have to prepare for them. What was the final score of this game?

What was the final score of this game?

It wasn't that bad. 56-11. Seems like it could have been much worse if Boyle wanted. But some act like if you are up by 3 or 4 TDs you should take a knee on every play.

This is what the "give everyone a trophy" attitude brings, reward those who are not as good as you! I'm tired of seeing threads about this team or that team ran up the score, how about having a rule where the losing coach just throws a white flag out on the field and then the games over? How humiliating is it to sit on the losing side crying and demanding that the winning team not score? Take a knee every play? It's the same thing, If people want the winning team to take it easier on you and not score. If they don't like it then they should just walk off the field!

It's some type of East Jessamine ritual to go to an opponents field and have the player of the day take a sledge hammer and hit the goal post.

They did it at Boyle and Rebel staff came and took the hammer away.

It did ding the paint and made a few marks and dents from what I was told.

I really don't get the attitude that you can go into someone else's field and just do some things like do at your field and not expect a reaction. :confused:

Sounds like a stupid classless ritual to me .

I think Boyle County should sit out their starters for the remainder of the playoffs. :D

No really, Classless and Boyle County does not fit in the same sentence. I have been to Rebel Stadium many times and have been treated well, except for last year, when the last second field goal beat our beloved CATS. Shame on them for kicking that field goal, that was classless. :D

We were only up 42-3 at the time, that's 39 points...not 40. The halfback pass was on 3rd down and it was our 4th string rb who threw the pass(who hasn't thrown a pass in a live game since the 6th grade). The next play was 4th down and we went for it and got the first down with the pass and then ran it the rest of the way into the endzone.

After that score we went up 49-3 and stuck in half of our JV defense. East Jessamine then proceeded to run it down our throats with their first team offensive line against our jv defensive line. By the time we got our starting line back in at the 10 yard line East was able to punch it in for a score. Then they went for 2 points and got the 2 point conversion. After we recovered the onside kick we ran on first down and then after a short gain, we threw the ball on the next 2 plays picking up a pass interference penalty which moved us 15 yards closer to paydirt. On the next play Hale found someone open for the score(drawing a blank on who it was). I personally loved it. I'd do the same thing every week to every team I could. Straight up. Call me classless, ornery whatever. When my 11 line up to snap the ball you better stop us....or else.

As for the hammer stuff.....who cares......it's over and you won't get it back. Ever. Looks like you guys hit the wrong goal post.

Good luck next year. Maybe we'll meet again sometime on down the road. You guys had a great year and have nothing to be ashamed of and it looks like things are moving in the right direction for you guys.

Ok!

Edited by woodyccrr

It wasn't that bad. 56-11. Seems like it could have been much worse if Boyle wanted. But some act like if you are up by 3 or 4 TDs you should take a knee on every play.

This is what the "give everyone a trophy" attitude brings, reward those who are not as good as you! I'm tired of seeing threads about this team or that team ran up the score, how about having a rule where the losing coach just throws a white flag out on the field and then the games over? How humiliating is it to sit on the losing side crying and demanding that the winning team not score? Take a knee every play? It's the same thing, If people want the winning team to take it easier on you and not score. If they don't like it then they should just walk off the field!

You make good points, however, I think there is a point in a game where the other team has demonstrated they are clearly better and there is no need to call certain plays. When that time is should be determined by a coaching staff. I think it is important to demonstrate a high level of sportsmanship no matter what the other team does to provoke unsportsmanship like play. I am not accusing Boyle of being unsportsmanlike, certainly the sledgehammer incident adds a dimension those of us who did not watch the game did not know.

The words classless and Rebels have never been mentioned in the same sentence so it leads to believe this was an isolated incident where they were upset someone took a hammer to their goal post. Boyle coaches run a top shelf program.

It's some type of East Jessamine ritual to go to an opponents field and have the player of the day take a sledge hammer and hit the goal post.

The sledgehammer ritual is the dumbest thing I've heard of. What's next, score a TD and then blindside a Cheerleader.

I wouldnt say that Boyle Co. is classless but I would say throwing a HB pass up 42-3 late in the game is on the verge. That type of play has no business being called at that particular point in the game.

In the 3rd quarter? On 3rd down? With our 4th string running back? Oh, okay. Didn't realize we were supposed to pack in it and let the other team start letting their varsity pummel our jv so early. There's a formula for success. Let your jv team get beat up by the other team's varsity for a quarter and half since you are up 42-3. Makes sense now.