Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Alignment Approved

Featured Replies

Not surprising that the new alignment was approved. What is interesting is that 6A-District 2 will only have three teams (Central Hardin, Meade County, Nelson County), while 6A-District 6 will have the five northern Kentucky schools. The KHSAA has managed to avoid a playoff bye, however, by placing the 5th place team in District 6 as the #4 seed in District 2. That will allow next year's fifth place northern Kentucky team to make the playoffs, but they will open it on the road at the champions of the 6A super-district of Manual, Male, X, and T.

 

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/18/1485039/khsaa-realignment-approved.html

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I like that idea. Well done

 

I think they made the best of the situation, although you could say they brought the situation on themselves!

Its dissapointing that the KHSAA didn't use common sense and make some more changes. I really believe that the KHSAA were unfair, geography-wise to Middlesboro and Bell County, which is where I'm from. The Dunbar move was a no-brainer.

Its dissapointing that the KHSAA didn't use common sense and make some more changes. I really believe that the KHSAA were unfair, geography-wise to Middlesboro and Bell County, which is where I'm from. The Dunbar move was a no-brainer.

 

Everyone will just have to go with and make the best out of it.

I thought Bell might be moved, because it seemed like there were 2 or 3 ways to do that without taking it out of the class. Middlesboro was pretty much stuck because it's so far away from everybody else in 2A. Leslie or M-boro could be moved to District 8 but not both, and it appears the BOC took the team closest to the other teams in District 8.

Anything to the earlier rumors that 3-4 1-A teams may not even field teams next year? This would appear to make a sham of the small school division if true??

So, the "sophisticated" Manual plea and the "less worldly" Bell County plea ultimately came to naught, I guess.

Glad to see none of the NKY 6A schools are going to have to switch to a non NKY district.

Awesome.....let's build better facilities.

Still can't wrap my brain around why every team in 1A and 6A will qualify for the playoffs regardless of record. Just defies competition logic. I have always believed that playoff berths were earned.

Anything to the earlier rumors that 3-4 1-A teams may not even field teams next year? This would appear to make a sham of the small school division if true??

 

That was just speculation due the low numbers present on those teams. As far as I know, none of those schools are planning or talking about dropping football. The only way it would happen is if some of them just don't have enough players. I suspect all will field teams at one level or another.

Still can't wrap my brain around why every team in 1A and 6A will qualify for the playoffs regardless of record. Just defies competition logic. I have always believed that playoff berths were earned.

 

I still can't wrap by brain around the need for 6 classes. Those schools with one victory just can't wait to be beaten down even further in the first round. What a joke!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.