Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Initial set of responses from schools to realignment posted

Featured Replies

Bell's was just flat out common sense. It didnt need to be all flashy. However, I do love Manual's repsonse; a definite classic!!

  • Replies 140
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male's is pretty good as well, they flatly accuse the KHSAA of creating a "super district". Someone on here (oh yeah, it was me) has said that the people from Male and Manual should be careful what they wish for regarding private schools because they're not seen as very much different then a private school by many on the public side.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but I do want to commend the KHSAA for their transparency in making these public. Lord knows a few of these don't cast them in a positive light.

  • Author
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but I do want to commend the KHSAA for their transparency in making these public. Lord knows a few of these don't cast them in a positive light.

 

As an public function and an legal extension of the legislator they should be always be transparent. Is most of their work lacking these level of transparency?

I love it when ppl criticize other's grammar and spelling. It's rare to see it done flawlessly (if you know what I mean). LOL !!

According to the Middlesboro Daily News Middlesboro is considering playing up In the same District as Bell County and Corbin.

 

 

Middlesboro got the short end of the stick in this alignment. They have very long long trips in the district and have very good teams at the end of their journey waiting to play them. I can see them moving up.

I love it when ppl criticize other's grammar and spelling. It's rare to see it done flawlessly (if you know what I mean). LOL !!

 

 

I haven't seen that here, but maybe I missed it. BUT...wouldn't you hold the educators to a high standard when it came to such an elementary part of education?

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but I do want to commend the KHSAA for their transparency in making these public. Lord knows a few of these don't cast them in a positive light.

 

Good point. I think before really passing judgment about the alignment it will be good to see the final product after the BOC meets.

Middlesboro got the short end of the stick in this alignment. They have very long long trips in the district and have very good teams at the end of their journey waiting to play them. I can see them moving up.

 

In an interview with Larry Vaught in the Danville newspaper a couple weeks ago, Tackett was pretty adamant about not allowing much playing up. His quote was basically "why have classification if you let everyone pick where they want to play." I don't believe there will be much, if any, class changing on Monday. I do think we could see some district re-arranging.

I do not understand why in our district of Central Hardin, Nelson County, and Meade County, we would pick up a Lexington school ( Paul Dumbar) to be in our District. It seems that they could have put one or two of the Louisville schools with us and saved a lot of ride time for all the teams.

As an public function and an legal extension of the legislator they should be always be transparent. Is most of their work lacking these level of transparency?

 

I don't recall seeing in the past these types of records available. Maybe I just didn't know where to look.

One can logically conclude that if enough member schools are greatly disappointed with the inconveniences and problems caused by the new alignment, they will call for the number of football classes to be reduced in the future.

 

Considering the groups in question (the KHSAA and football coaches association) were dumb enough to think six classes was a good idea to begin with, then not smart enough to fix it. I think we can go ahead and throw logic out the window at this point, don't you?

  • Author
I don't recall seeing in the past these types of records available. Maybe I just didn't know where to look.

 

I apologize if I seemed to question you assertion that that KHSAA should be commended for posting these ahead of time of the BOC meeting. You are absolutely correct that they could have kept the files from public view until the meeting on Monday. If this is a 'new' approach by KHSAA then Mr. Tackett should be commended for this increased openness.

Considering the groups in question (the KHSAA and football coaches association) were dumb enough to think six classes was a good idea to begin with, then not smart enough to fix it. I think we can go ahead and throw logic out the window at this point, don't you?

 

Excellent post!

I was very pleased with DuPont Manual's response. I had many of the sames concerns that were presented in their letter.

 

Additionally, it seems as though certain members of the leadership of the KHSAA have made it a habit of making promises that they have no intention of keeping. Per Manual's response, promises of a reply to their concern were over a week late. I've heard of other schools that were promised things (addressing other issues) such as "you'll receive a fax immediately" or "your principal will receive a phone call later this afternoon" when in fact those things did not occur, some at all, some for many days. If you can't be held to your word, why should we believe that you had the ethical best interest of football in mind in making realignment decisions?

 

All of it has left a bad taste in my mouth as regards the credibility of the KHSAA leadership.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.