Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Initial set of responses from schools to realignment posted

Featured Replies

I just think the whole thing is opening a can of worms. Where does it end? I know when I played at Lawrence Co we played the final 4 game at Mayfield.

 

That was in 1991 and it was a 1-year experiment by the KHSAA in which Region I didn't play Region II and Region III didn't play Region IV. Since 1959, I had played II and III had played IV and they have ever since 1991. I think the Lawrence County/Mayfield game was probably the main reason they stopped it after just one year.

  • Replies 140
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands = Light

4A = Roaches

 

That made me laugh nonstop for a good 30 seconds, and I needed that today.

A lot of those schools sent back forms with a check mark in the "we like it" column. My guess is many other schools also agreed but didn't think it necessary to send a paper back saying everything is fine. It would seem to me the KHSAA would have only wanted forms back if you had a complaint or a request.

 

Teacher's pets.

Teacher's pets.

 

:lol: Probably trying to earn brownie points to get switched out of some other district in some other sport!

:lol: Probably trying to earn brownie points to get switched out of some other district in some other sport!

 

Guess it never hurts to kiss up to the new commish!

That was in 1991 and it was a 1-year experiment by the KHSAA in which Region I didn't play Region II and Region III didn't play Region IV. Since 1959, I had played II and III had played IV and they have ever since 1991. I think the Lawrence County/Mayfield game was probably the main reason they stopped it after just one year.
In Class A that year, Heath went to Beechwood and Pikeville played Harrodsburg ... I think it was at Pikeville.
I just think the whole thing is opening a can of worms. Where does it end? I know when I played at Lawrence Co we played the final 4 game at Mayfield. There will never be a longer post season game drive than that one. Look it up on the map. It's about as far East you can be to about as far West. Pretty sure we could have been at the ocean faster. It was also one heck of a memory even though we lost by 3.

Our new alingment puts us in the toughest District in 3A IMO. Most of the drives other than Sheldon Clark are 1-2 hours. It would be a lot easier to drive 30-1:30 to Magoffin, Morgan, East Carter, West Carter, Lewis, Bath. That would take us out of a District with Belfry, Pike Central, Sheldon Clark and East Ridge. A lot less travel time and it would take us away from traditional powers. We're just going to line up and play as far as I know. Teams are unhappy now. If a few teams move then new teams will now be unhappy. Where does it ever end?

 

Thank you for that perspective. I wasn't sure there was anyone left with that mentality.:thumb:

Highlands = Light

4A = Roaches

 

Good one!

 

 

Highlands = Cliff.

4A = Lemmings.

:thumb: I hope you are right. Bell County borders Virginia. Thats about as east as you can get.

 

Problem is, you have six classes in a state with not nearly enough schools for six classes. Thus, you have to REALLY expand districts and regions in order to find teams within your own class to compete.

 

As is often the case with the KHSAA and member schools, they're missing the problem. We shouldn't be in geography class, we need to be in math class.

Problem is, you have six classes in a state with not nearly enough schools for six classes. Thus, you have to REALLY expand districts and regions in order to find teams within your own class to compete.

 

As is often the case with the KHSAA and member schools, they're missing the problem. We shouldn't be in geography class, we need to be in math class.

 

One can logically conclude that if enough member schools are greatly disappointed with the inconveniences and problems caused by the new alignment, they will call for the number of football classes to be reduced in the future.

Contrary to popular belief, I doubt that anyone is scared of HHS. Seems to me that 22 kids line up and play against them every week.........

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

In Class A that year, Heath went to Beechwood and Pikeville played Harrodsburg ... I think it was at Pikeville.

 

I think that Pikeville game was at Harrodsburg. Seems like the Danville paper had a lot of pictures from the game since it was local. 10 year old me wanted to go watch "big Pikeville" (I knew they had won three straight recently) but my dad didn't take me. Oh well!

Contrary to popular belief, I doubt that anyone is scared of HHS. Seems to me that 22 kids line up and play against them every week.........
There are some teams who will play HHS in order to test themselves in NON-DISTRICT games, but the truth is NOBODY wants them in their district, or even their class, and it seems they will do just about anything to get away from them.

Agree with Watusi. 3 teams play them because they are in their district and have to. One team, Ryle, has the courage to play them twice in a season and one Ohio school is on their schedule. So that only leaves 4 other teams willing to play Highlands. I really don't see a welcome mat being laid out for Highlands in 4A. Highlands has the other team beat almost every week before they even step onto the field.

I thought Paintsville alignment of 1A made alot of sence. Also I think it's amazing how the Mod's can make fun of LC and JC but if anyone rags FTH, oh my!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.