Reds Hot Stove League for 2011

^I don't see why they would want to trade him. He fits in very nicely on the Sox.

Well, the Red Sox need a catcher & the Reds have 2 decent ones who are very affordable. With Crawford, Cameron & Drew, the Red Sox outfield is basically set. No room at DH, since Gonzalez & Ortiz will be occupying that spot.

Ellsbury missed most of last year due to injury. He has great speed, but very little pop. Reds could center deal around somebody like Heisey, who offers some SB's and a little more pop.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Red Sox need a catcher & the Reds have 2 decent ones who are very affordable. With Crawford, Cameron & Drew, the Red Sox outfield is basically set. No room at DH, since Gonzalez & Ortiz will be occupying that spot.

Ellsbury missed most of last year due to injury. He has great speed, but very little pop. Reds could center deal around somebody like Heisey, who offers some SB's and a little more pop.

I'd be surprised if Ellsbury wasn't the starting CF'er this year with the aging Cameron used as the 4th OFer. As far as the catcher spot goes, that really depends on what happens with Martin. This morning it was said to be down to the Sox and Yankees for his services. Even if they don't get him, I'd think the platoon of Salt and Cappy will be nearly as productive as either Hernandez or Hanigan will be. JMO.