Reds Hot Stove League for 2011

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have 8 starters for 5 spots, assuming the bring back Bronson, which I think they will.

I see Bailey as the odd man out next year, and would love to see what they'd be able to get in return for a package of Homer and Yonder Alonso. Would that be enough to entice a sign & trade type deal with the Rays for Crawford? Probably not, but he's definitely the best available at their weakest position.

They have 8 starters for 5 spots, assuming the bring back Bronson, which I think they will.

I see Bailey as the odd man out next year, and would love to see what they'd be able to get in return for a package of Homer and Yonder Alonso. Would that be enough to entice a sign & trade type deal with the Rays for Crawford? Probably not, but he's definitely the best available at their weakest position.

They need a right handed bat so I'd say Crawford isn't the best fit for the Reds. I really think they may let Bronson walk if they don't make a trade. Homer Bailey is a lock for the roatation IMO.

Zero need for sign and trade in baseball for a free agent. You are just giving assets away. If you want Crawford, go sign him.

I would hate to let go of Bailey just when he is getting it. I do think the Reds will make some pitching deals this winter with all the extra young pitchers. Any deal they make has to be to get a #1 level pitcher. They could package 2-3 youngsters and have enough to get that #1 IMO.

They need a right handed bat so I'd say Crawford isn't the best fit for the Reds. I really think they may let Bronson walk if they don't make a trade. Homer Bailey is a lock for the roatation IMO.

Jocketty has already gone on record saying the Reds will pick up Bronson's option. They are supposedly talking contract extension. If that is true, they better not go more than 3 years. It would be nice to get it to a 2 year deal but no way Arroyo goes for that.

Z

I would hate to let go of Bailey just when he is getting it. I do think the Reds will make some pitching deals this winter with all the extra young pitchers. Any deal they make has to be to get a #1 level pitcher. They could package 2-3 youngsters and have enough to get that #1 IMO.

What #1s from a non-contending team are there that could be gotten for a package of youngsters? No contending team is giving up a #1.

What #1s from a non-contending team are there that could be gotten for a package of youngsters? No contending team is giving up a #1.

I haven't thought about the options at all and maybe there isn't one. But unless you get a #1, don't make a deal giving up the young talent. Let them battle it out in the spring and see what happens.

Only guys I can think of are Zach Grienke, King Felix, and depending on whether you consider the Marlins contenders, Josh Johnson. The only one I could see having a remote chance of being moved out of that group is Grienke though.

No way the #1 FA comes to Cincinnati.

Are you saying no way because the Reds can't afford the #1 free agent or no way they would sign with the Reds because it's Cincinnati? I agree with the former, but not the latter.

Jocketty has already gone on record saying the Reds will pick up Bronson's option. They are supposedly talking contract extension. If that is true, they better not go more than 3 years. It would be nice to get it to a 2 year deal but no way Arroyo goes for that.

I'm so torn on Bronson. He's nails. He's good for at least 15 wins and 220 innings, but they might be better off letting him go or trading him especially if the Brandon Webb talk that has been on here for a long time comes true. If they can get Webb they don't need Bronson. Homer Bailey is going to be a starter here next year.