Highlands 61 Franklin County 14

ThunderBird

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be OK...seats 4000-5000. Parking sucks! Be sure to get your ticket ahead of time. One lady selling tickets hardly facilitates speedy entry. Don't forget to look up at the rather non-descript arch over the entry way on your way in...it has some interesting info on it.

Go here and key in 41075...you can zoom on the field and see how it is laid out.

They'll be two windows next week, at the main gate. :thumb:

Kaelin Ammons 306 passing yards in the 1st half..."You could see it in their eyes - our defensive guys were mad. They were determined to come out in the second half and shut them down," Mueller said...Kaelin Ammons 55 passing yards in the 2nd half

I wish they would have got mad a little earlier.

HHS is good football team, and I know all about the tradition and i do believe it played a small part in the game. FC played absolutely their worst game of the year. The turned the ball over twice in the 1st half or the score could have easily been 28-28. I give Coach Mueller a lot of credit for the defensive adjustments they made at the half, but the fact is FC's made mistake after mistake and it just kept snowballing from there. Very uncharacteristic for them this season. I do feel FC can compete, just didn't when it counted. Good luck to HHS. By the way,FC had over 350 yards of offense at the half and their receivers were open most of the night, 2 had over 100 yards, and they will see much of the same next week.

Why did FC quit throwing the ball and start trying to establish a" running game" at the beginning of the second half?? They were having real success with the short outs in the flat and a deep square in to # 12 was there all night long. It looked to me that the FC boyz were not nearly as in shape as the HHS boyz. I liked the fact that FC started early with onsides kicks/trick kickoffs. Their first one was a beauty that really caught the Birds off guard...luckily it trickled out of bounds. They recover the kick there and 12th man "Mo" would have definitely been on their side. They didn't...and as they say, "the rest is history". Too many teams come into Ft. Thomas as underdogs and wait untill they are buried before trying a "gimmick or two". Taking a risk or two early while still in the ball game is better than waiting until you're down 2-3 scores when it's predictable to try "junk". IMHO WAY TO BO BIG BLUE !!!

Great game for the Birds and now lets get ready for the Knights. To all the FC faithful I hope you had a safe trip back. Your team was fun to watch and really put the presssure on in the first half. I hope the players that were injured are OK. Congrats on a grat season and keep up the good work.

Why did FC quit throwing the ball and start trying to establish a" running game" at the beginning of the second half?? They were having real success with the short outs in the flat and a deep square in to # 12 was there all night long. It looked to me that the FC boyz were not nearly as in shape as the HHS boyz. I liked the fact that FC started early with onsides kicks/trick kickoffs. Their first one was a beauty that really caught the Birds off guard...luckily it trickled out of bounds. They recover the kick there and 12th man "Mo" would have definitely been on their side. They didn't...and as they say, "the rest is history". Too many teams come into Ft. Thomas as underdogs and wait untill they are buried before trying a "gimmick or two". Taking a risk or two early while still in the ball game is better than waiting until you're down 2-3 scores when it's predictable to try "junk". IMHO WAY TO BO BIG BLUE !!!

FC didn't stop throwing it as a matter of fact the short out was called in the 1st series of the 2nd half, just missed it. No gimmicks on the kickoff team, just poor execution. FC didn't try any "junk" and did what they've done all year offensively and defensively, just poor tackling and poor execution. FC moved the ball well early on just had two very costly turnovers to get down 2 scores early. As far as being shape, due to injuries and other things, FC was without a few players which really hurt their depth, which is not nearly what HHS's is anyway, and they did get tired.

My hat is off to Franklin Co.They had an amazing season!I agree with ystick on the execution aspect of last nights game especially the turnovers.You can't play a team

like highlands and make those kinds of mistakes. IMO field position was one of, if not the biggest factors.Short kicks are great if they are not returnable but highlands was able to set up decent returns on FC's kicks last night. Regardless of last nights outcome,players and coaches at FC should walk with heads held high!Your program has far exceeded expectations and the 2005 season will not be forgotten !As a longtime fan of FC,It has been a great joy to watch the acheivements this year.

Can't wait till next year!

Highlands didn't pour it on. They just played a team that couldn't compete. AAA playoffs never are competitive till the quarterfinals....

I'm guessing you were not at the game. I was impressed with siome of the things Franklin was able to do. The problem was the way Franklin calls plays at the line and has ahurry-up offense allows for too many possessions for the opponent. HHS is too good not to score a lot of points if the game clock never runs. When Franklin was unable to put points the board, the margin just grew and grew.