Highlands 61 Franklin County 14

ThunderBird

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, I felt the coaches and the players kept their heads in the game and didn't get distracted or caught up in the antics of the fans. :thumb:

Its a shame the fans on both sides of me got so worked up over it however :jump:

I kind of enjoyed the fact the Highlands band kids came out to take the FC band kids on; we just need to figure out a way to add some physical contact to this whole drum off thing. Maybe they start pushing against each other while playing the drum and the first one to get pushed back ten yards or quit playing loses. Any other ideas?

Its a shame the fans on both sides of me got so worked up over it however :jump:

I kind of enjoyed the fact the Highlands band kids came out to take the FC band kids on; we just need to figure out a way to add some physical contact to this whole drum off thing. Maybe they start pushing against each other while playing the drum and the first one to get pushed back ten yards or quit playing loses. Any other ideas?

Drumsticks would have to be declared legal equipment. :ylsuper:

We were only "worked up" because we were about to get a penalty if they didn't get their drum sticks off the field. Actually thought it was fun until the seconds began ticking away. :eek:

If the HHS fans were offended by the actions of the FC student section last week, get ready for round two this week. I was never so disappointed in a student cheering section as I was at Lex Cath's group at the state soccer finals. They were rude and vulgar. The "cheers" were nothing more than a collection of curse words.

I kept looking for someone, a parent or administrator, to come and settle the group down, it never happened. If you have kids I would suggest to get there early and sit toward the Middl School side of the stadium.

Unfortunately at Franklin county we have a school board that is apathetic to it's schools sports, very little community support, and have to scratch for every dime just to put uniforms on our kids. If not for a few hard working boosters we could't even do that. If you had ever seen our facilities you would know why I made that comment!If our community was as dedicated as our players and coaches We could be as "selective" as you guys.By the way have you ever seen the behavior of UK fans? :irked:

Im from Frankfort, so I have seen your facilities and I have seen your fairly new uniforms. Unless something has happened in the recent past, I believe you all have a very nice weight room and locker room for your team to dress in...Being from FHS, I'd have to say that your facilities are far better than what Frankfort High has...And yes, I have seen the behavior of SOME UK fans....Hence, while I was in school at FHS, I compared FC fans to UK fans...Very similar.

Deuce when did band members get to tour The FC facilities? Just because someone has nicer facilities than FHS doesnt mean they are nice. I would have to say that FHS has some of the worst facilities in the area.

Highlands has the worst facilities in the state, with the exception of the football field. Thanks to the fine people of Fort Thomas.

Im from Frankfort, so I have seen your facilities and I have seen your fairly new uniforms. Unless something has happened in the recent past, I believe you all have a very nice weight room and locker room for your team to dress in...Being from FHS, I'd have to say that your facilities are far better than what Frankfort High has...And yes, I have seen the behavior of SOME UK fans....Hence, while I was in school at FHS, I compared FC fans to UK fans...Very similar.

I think you missed my point entirely.I'm not here to get in a put down contest with the frankfort high faithful.I have many friends with children attending F.H.

and even coached some of the players in FYFL.The POINT is that our program is cash strapped as well as yours.Our players have to buy a portion of their equipment themselves and F.Highs kids probably do as well.Some of the big programs just have to ask and they get what they need .Their coaches don't have the distraction of worrying about finances.Also,I think you are very niave if you believe ALL of you fans are polite and proper!Lets quit worrying about a few bad seeds and remember what most of us go to games for-to enjoy the sport and watch our and our friends CHILDREN play a game!