Franklin County (10-1) at Highlands (8-3)

72birdman

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok enough with blaming my cooking for you and LN having "that feeling" about these games. You know maybe Friday night you ate something that someone else made. Just because it was in my house doesn't mean I cooked it. You know Sara Lee and Oscar Meyer stop by once in awhile :creepy:

Sorry, Henry

Did not want to get on your bad side. By the way the food Friday was wonderful.

The school has been around since 1971 and its always been spelled "Conner".

FYI

Sorry about that. I know. My typing is terrible and I should have my 10 year old check it for me. No disrespect meant, just got caught in not reviewing my post. :creepy:

Hope the team thinks this way also. Could be in for a big surprise.

If you guys really think the players/coaching staff at HHS has the same opinion and approach that some posters do, well I can't help you. What I can tell you is that HHS does not overlook anyone come playoff time. They may, not sure, have been caught off guard against South Oldham during the regular season but that wasn't a playoff game. I can assure you that the Birds will be ready to go.

How is it a deal ?????????Go play their non-conference schedule and see if you think it is a deal. :rolleyes:

That is my point. The highlands faithful point to the tough out of district schedule as a positive in preparing for the playoffs. Meanwhile your playoff opponent may have prepared with a bunch of district cupcakes. Fewer district games is an andvantage. Being allowed to schedule more games of your choice is a plus.

It sure would be nice to have more district games. Fewer district games only helps the teams on the bubble, not the ones at the top.

Please explain. See my previous post.

Just wondering, who is the 4 seed in your district?

That is my point. The highlands faithful point to the tough out of district schedule as a positive in preparing for the playoffs. Meanwhile your playoff opponent may have prepared with a bunch of district cupcakes. Fewer district games is an andvantage. Being allowed to schedule more games of your choice is a plus.

Shirley you are not saying the KHSAA did HHS (and the District) a favor? I didn't realize the "Rock" part of your name was your location. ;)

Honestly, it has to be the most changed District in the state. From the good old days of Dixie, Conner, Ryle, Holmes, Scott and Simon Kenton (Who have all moved to 4A), to the days of only four teams and Pendleton Co.(Whenever they decide to play a real schedule) They don't have many options to add since Oldham, Pendleton and Grant are borderline "long trips" for District play. Not sure what can be done about it.

This one might be better than most people think. Highlands is Highlands! They have nice team speed and play aggressive. I really like Kramer. Ammonds is one of the best kept secrets in the state. I don't know if Franklin can slow Highlands down but I'm not positive that Highlands can slow Franklin down a lot. While I think Highlands will win, I would not be totally shocked if Franklin Co pulled off the upset. The way they spread the field and score, they aren't out of any game.