Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Franklin County (10-1) at Highlands (8-3)

Featured Replies

It's a tough year for the Birds football team when the town is more excited about the Girls State Soccer title game tonight! Go Birds!

 

 

Girls Soccer State Champs!!!

  • Replies 237
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've looked back at the posts in this thread made by Birds fans, I haven't seen one disrespect FC yet. Those who have predicted a HHS blowout victory are not Highlands fans.

 

Im a Highlands fan!

Birds win this one going away, It's playoff time in Ft. Thomas different team in the playoffs and they are battle tested. Good Luck birds! :ylsuper:

Hioghlands 31

Franklin 20

Haven't seen Highlands play this year, but have been impressed over the years with the way Coch Mueller has adapted his offensive philosophy to the personnel he has....which leads to the question....just what is the Birds offensive philosphy this year?

 

Do they throw it often (ala Lorenzen and Giuduigli) or are they primarily a running team?

 

If they are pretty predictable offensively, I believe FC has the players to line up and play against them. If they mix it up a lot and throw multiple formations and the line at the Flyers, then FC may have some trouble.

 

I have been impressed with FC's defense in the games I have seen them play. And their offense has been routinely explosive against whoever they have played.

 

I believe that FC is a client of Tony Franklin and his version of the Hal Mumme offensive attack aren't they?

While researching the background of this matchup I noticed that HHS had three district games. Who do you have to know to get this deal?

While researching the background of this matchup I noticed that HHS had three district games. Who do you have to know to get this deal?

How is it a deal ?????????Go play their non-conference schedule and see if you think it is a deal. :rolleyes:

Just trying to help them look for motivation to play.

 

At this point if they need help to look for motivation to play, they're beat. I personally don't think they need the help. With their record and the way they played Friday night, I look for a war.

It sure would be nice to have more district games. Fewer district games only helps the teams on the bubble, not the ones at the top.

While researching the background of this matchup I noticed that HHS had three district games. Who do you have to know to get this deal?
Ask the KHSAA. They made the alignment.

LSU ROCK, year in and year out this district changes with schools moving up and down in class. It used to have I think as many as 8, but enrollments at Holmes, Dixie , Connor, Scott and Oldham Cty have made changes. I think next year we add 1 or 2. IMO, Kentucky needs to improve the playoff system and be realistic. Having 70% of your first round games as blowouts points to a need to redefine the system.

 

As far as our next game with FC, I don't think anyone at HHS has taken this team for granted. The have a great record andplayed some quality teams. As LN had the bout of indigestion about last weeks game with WJ, I have got that uncomfortable feeling this week. I hope that the powers that be put together a great gameplan for this one. Our youth is really starting to come together as a veteran team over the last couple of games, but youth is what it is and the lack of focus can bite you from time to time. Hope Dale gets em ready and my thoughts are put to rest, GO BIRDS.

, Connor, .

 

The school has been around since 1971 and its always been spelled "Conner".

 

FYI

I think it's safe to say Franklin Co. matches up with Highlands better this year than the past two years I still say Highlands will win but they won't blow out Franklin and they better come ready to play or Franklin Co. will pull off the upset.

LSU ROCK, year in and year out this district changes with schools moving up and down in class. It used to have I think as many as 8, but enrollments at Holmes, Dixie , Connor, Scott and Oldham Cty have made changes. I think next year we add 1 or 2. IMO, Kentucky needs to improve the playoff system and be realistic. Having 70% of your first round games as blowouts points to a need to redefine the system.

 

As far as our next game with FC, I don't think anyone at HHS has taken this team for granted. The have a great record andplayed some quality teams. As LN had the bout of indigestion about last weeks game with WJ, I have got that uncomfortable feeling this week. I hope that the powers that be put together a great gameplan for this one. Our youth is really starting to come together as a veteran team over the last couple of games, but youth is what it is and the lack of focus can bite you from time to time. Hope Dale gets em ready and my thoughts are put to rest, GO BIRDS.

 

Ok enough with blaming my cooking for you and LN having "that feeling" about these games. You know maybe Friday night you ate something that someone else made. Just because it was in my house doesn't mean I cooked it. You know Sara Lee and Oscar Meyer stop by once in awhile :creepy:

Ok enough with blaming my cooking for you and LN having "that feeling" about these games. You know maybe Friday night you ate something that someone else made. Just because it was in my house doesn't mean I cooked it. You know Sara Lee and Oscar Meyer stop by once in awhile :creepy:
From the looks of things Henry, your cooking hasn't disagreed with LN too often. :lol: :banana:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

j/k LN.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.