Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rookie Dez Bryant refuses to carry other players pads.

Featured Replies

You're right this isn't school or a fraternity. Carry your own dang pads and shut up you washed up has been.

 

If he is going to do this. Then he better not take advantage of that when he is not a rookie anymore, and having rookies carry his stuff one day. Which for some reason I think someone like him will end up making a rookie do that 6 or 7 years down the line when he is older.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A good question. Another would be what if Ndamukong Suh refused to carry someone's pad? I'm sure I know what most on here would say, but I bet we wouldn't have even heard about it.

 

Actually we heard about this b/c everyone else does it. That's the story.

 

I noticed people comparing fraternity hazing to this. My guess is anyone who thinks Bryant was right is 25 or under. It's a generational thing. It isn't a rule that rookies can't carry pads of veterans. It is a rule that frats can't have any kind of hazing. How is that apples to apples? One is allowed and even encouraged. One is not allowed. Am I missing something.

 

People are tearing apart Roy Williams. Dez Bryant has 0 NFL production. Williams had a year where he had 82 catches for over 1300 yards and 7 scores. I think Bryant may be that good one day, but to downplay Williams is a joke. Also, today's info is that rookies carry the pads of guys that play their position. Williams has taken the high road with this incident, but Bryant messed up. Now he's the baby rookie that doesn't want to do what's expected from rookies. Good luck with that.

I hope he gets centerpunched in camp by a SS, FS, or OLB and they look over him and say, "shoulda carried the pads rook"

I agree with RP. The fact that he's already a perceived headcase doesn't really help Dez's argument. Just carry the pads, it's painless.

I'm with UK and MJ...Who cares if he didn't carry the pads? He is there for one reason, to help his team win football games and carrying pads does NOTHING. Maybe one could look at it like he's not going to take any crap from anyone and that could carry onto the field. When he starts slacking off and taking plays off in the game and practice, THEN you would have every reason in the world to criticize him.

I hope he gets centerpunched in camp by a SS, FS, or OLB and they look over him and say, "shoulda carried the pads rook"

 

I want to know where the veteren leadership is? I bet Spindoc is right, this punk will take a hard shot coming or two for this in camp.

I want to know where the veteren leadership is? I bet Spindoc is right, this punk will take a hard shot coming or two for this in camp.

 

Maybe its a cheap one too and he actually gets injured for a few days and can't work with Romo and the rest of the offense. That's a great way to gel the team and make them better. :rolleyes:

Maybe its a cheap one too and he actually gets injured for a few days and can't work with Romo and the rest of the offense. That's a great way to gel the team and make them better. :rolleyes:

Hypothesize much?

A good question. Another would be what if Ndamukong Suh refused to carry someone's pad? I'm sure I know what most on here would say, but I bet we wouldn't have even heard about it.

 

Yeah, but Suh would just carry the pads, he's a good kid.

Hypothesize much?

 

Could easily happen.

 

At the end of the day, I think this is a non-issue and there just isn't anything else really going on in the sports world right now (until Farve gives us "The Decision" 2.0...or in his case 4.0) and that's why we know about this. Would I have carried the pads? Yes. Do I have a problem that he didn't? No. But I thought it would create a good discussion to play more of a Devil's Advocate.

Could easily happen.

 

At the end of the day, I think this is a non-issue and there just isn't anything else really going on in the sports world right now (until Farve gives us "The Decision" 2.0...or in his case 4.0) and that's why we know about this. Would I have carried the pads? Yes. Do I have a problem that he didn't? No. But I thought it would create a good discussion to play more of a Devil's Advocate.

 

From the Moderator's handbook - Section 2, Part 2, Paragraph 1:

 

"During BGP's dead period (between the end of spring sports and the beginning of fall sports) it may be incumbent upon the moderator to enliven the discussion in a thread with emotionally charged or controversial comments."

 

From the Moderator's handbook - Section 2, Part 2, Paragraph 1:

 

"During BGP's dead period (between the end of spring sports and the beginning of fall sports) it may be incumbent upon the moderator to enliven the discussion in a thread with emotionally charged or controversial comments."

 

 

So, does that mean the comments that I've made in this thread have moved me one step closer to the coveted Moderator position? lol jk.

So, does that mean the comments that I've made in this thread have moved me one step closer to the coveted Moderator position? lol jk.

 

From Appendix 1 (Moderator qualifications) of the Moderator's handbook.

 

"At any one time, there may be only one Moderator whose username begins with the letter M, either upper or lower case."

 

Sorry.

From Appendix 1 (Moderator qualifications) of the Moderator's handbook.

 

"At any one time, there may be only one Moderator whose username begins with the letter M, either upper or lower case."

 

Sorry.

 

Darn lol

The issue has been nipped in the bud. According to ESPN.com Bryant was unaware of any tradition and did not care for Roy E. Williams tone. A talk with Rodney Harrison set Bryant straight about the tradtion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.