Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rookie Dez Bryant refuses to carry other players pads.

Featured Replies

I would venture that the majority would side with the fraternity in the above case as well. Pledges should do laundry. There's no harm in it.

 

Haha...tell that to college administrators lol.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For what it's worth, they did a poll on ESPN and the results showed that 73% think that Dez should carry the bags. What an idiotic way to start one's pro career. Bad move. While he has million dollar talent, he has a ten cent head. Great.

 

I'm shocked that the percentage is that low.

 

 

In many job descriptions, it's called "other duties as assigned." In the real/grownup world.

Haha...tell that to college administrators lol.

 

They are equally as unreasonable as people on here are.

I'm shocked that the percentage is that low.

 

 

In many job descriptions, it's called "other duties as assigned." In the real/grownup world.

 

I bet it'd be that high here. People get so mad because someone asks/tells them to do something out of character or job description and suddenly its the end of the world.

If I'm hired as a clerk and it's my first week on the job, and another clerk that had been on the job for several years asks me to get her/him a cup of coffee; I'm gonna get the cup of coffee. Not worth rocking the boat over.

 

The guy will soon be asking somebody for reparations.

How 'bout them Cowboys? It's always something.

 

Isn't it though. No matter what happens, it's always something blown up like crazy. I think that's the way Jerry Jones likes it, actually.

Because it shows that he's not willing to do what is "expected" of him in being a good teammate. Not a good start at all.

 

How does carrying pads make someone a good teammate? That's laughable.

If I'm hired as a clerk and it's my first week on the job, and another clerk that had been on the job for several years asks me to get her/him a cup of coffee; I'm gonna get the cup of coffee. Not worth rocking the boat over.

 

As would I, trust me. Still doesn't make it right though, does it?

How does carrying pads make someone a good teammate? That's laughable.

 

Because it's expected.

 

How's that for circular logic?:D

As would I, trust me. Still doesn't make it right though, does it?

 

I'm not sure it's not.

 

Something about respecting your elders.

Because it shows that he's not willing to do what is "expected" of him in being a good teammate. Not a good start at all.

 

Kinda how I saw it. If he lives up to expectations, all will be well.

How does carrying pads make someone a good teammate? That's laughable.

 

It's fun and is a way for a team to bond together a little bit and laugh and have fun. It's not meant to be looked at like a prision sentence.

How does carrying pads make someone a good teammate? That's laughable.

 

Because of tradition. And as the new kid on the block, if a vet asks you to do something, especially when it won't put you out, you do it. For the better of the team. Bryant's character has been in question for quite sometime. This just reaffirms that he's a self centered idiot.

Because of tradition. And as the new kid on the block, if a vet asks you to do something, especially when it won't put you out, you do it. For the better of the team. Bryant's character has been in question for quite sometime. This just reaffirms that he's a self centered idiot.

 

I'm sorry, but how is it for the betterment of the team that Bryant carry the pads? What, other than the garbage "tradition" reasoning, benefit does it provide?

I'm sorry, but how is it for the betterment of the team that Bryant carry the pads? What, other than the garbage "tradition" reasoning, benefit does it provide?

 

Because it's expected.

 

It's expected that he will block for a RB when the opportunity arises.

 

It's expected that he will hang onto the ball when he takes a hit.

 

And it's expected that he will carry the pads of a veteran.

 

When you're on a team, you do what's expected.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.