July 28, 201016 yr You show respect by showing up to the facility early, staying late, never taking plays off. Not being someone's personal servant. And doing your rookie duties. Mike Singletary alluded to that today, on the DP show.
July 28, 201016 yr Then why draft him? When have the Cowboys cared about making sure kids would fit with the team? See Tank Johnson, Terrel Owens, and Pacman Jones.
July 28, 201016 yr When have the Cowboys cared about making sure kids would fit with the team? See Tank Johnson, Terrel Owens, and Pacman Jones. Interestingly enough, all of those guys are currently Bengals. :lol: I've never played football before, and I knew about this tradition. I'd be Surprised Dez hasn't seen it, as lots of colleges do similar things for freshmen.
July 28, 201016 yr When have the Cowboys cared about making sure kids would fit with the team? See Tank Johnson, Terrel Owens, and Pacman Jones. I thought you were reading off the Bengals's roster there for a minute
September 28, 201016 yr Well, Bryant paid his due last night. Bryant took out the offensive players for dinner and someone (**cough**cough**Roy Williams**cough**) invited along the defensive players also. Final dinner bill? $55,000. :lol: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5626300
September 28, 201016 yr Sounds like he should have just carried the pads. :lol: I like this part: Players ordered basically everything on the menu and even took home bottles of wine
September 28, 201016 yr Sounds like he should have just carried the pads. :lol: Yes, he should have... :lol:
September 28, 201016 yr That doesn't make it right. I don't blame him for not carry other people's pads. If this were a fraternity story, people on this board would be talking about how immature and dumb hazing is...but this is acceptable? If personal servitude isn't acceptable for fraternities, it shouldn't be for Professional athletes either. Good for Dez Bryant! I'm fairly certain the things fraternities do that people disagree with, have nothing to do with carrying around someone else's belongings.
September 28, 201016 yr 55K for dinner. These guys make to much money. :lol: Yes they do, and the sad thing is a lot of them end up going broke.
September 29, 201016 yr I'm fairly certain the things fraternities do that people disagree with, have nothing to do with carrying around someone else's belongings. You'd be surprised.
September 29, 201016 yr When Greg Maddux was with the Cubs, the entire pitching staff would dine with each other while out of town. Mainly at white table cloth restaurants. Here's the cool thing. At the end of the meal they would all throw their names in a hat, and then have the server pull a name out. Whoever's name got chosen had to pay the bill. Now for the trick, whoever paid the bill, got that exact amount of money from everyone else on the staff. So you'd want your name to be pulled.
September 29, 201016 yr Well, Bryant paid his due last night. Bryant took out the offensive players for dinner and someone (**cough**cough**Roy Williams**cough**) invited along the defensive players also. Final dinner bill? $55,000. :lol: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5626300 I wonder if he was a good tipper. At 15% thats over $8,000.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.