MLB Draft

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hitting .430 with 19 homeruns in division one baseball I would hope he would get the chance.

I do not know of this kid so I'm not commenting on him.

Stats are a waste of time when evaluating college players and determining if they can go pro.

I do not know of this kid so I'm not commenting on him.

Stats are a waste of time when evaluating college players and determining if they can go pro.

Well, not entirely so. Stats are important. Both college and pro scouts want to view them. However, they are relative to your competition. If you put up good numbers against quality competition, stats can be very helpful in evaluating a player's ability.

Well, not entirely so. Stats are important. Both college and pro scouts want to view them. However, they are relative to your competition. If you put up good numbers against quality competition, stats can be very helpful in evaluating a player's ability.

They may "view" them but they won't use them as justification. The bat simply distorts everything.

Cameron Conner who attended Franklin County and played basketball but no baseball was taken by the Kansas City Royals in one of the middle rounds not sure which. Great story started off playing basketball at Kentucky State, walked on to baseball team, then transferred to Indiana South East for baseball, now gets drafted.

Cameron Conner who attended Franklin County and played basketball but no baseball was taken by the Kansas City Royals in one of the middle rounds not sure which. Great story started off playing basketball at Kentucky State, walked on to baseball team, then transferred to Indiana South East for baseball, now gets drafted.

That is a great story. Obviously has a lot of speed and is a great athlete.

How so?

Obviously I can't speak for Clyde, but I am assuming he is referring to the metal bats of college kids as compared to the wood bats they use in the bigs. I would be willing to bet the stats would be very different if he was using a wooden bat.

Edited by SportsFan62
Poor wording

Seeing that he got drafted I would say the decision to walk onto the baseball team was a very good one!

Obviously I can't speak for Clyde, but I am assuming he is referring to the metal bats of college kids as compared to the wood bats they use in the bigs. I would be willing to bet the stats would be very different if he was using a wooden bat.

I thought that is what he possibly meant. True, the aluminum bat may send the ball a little faster and a little farther. However, the kid is demonstrating the ability to hit. If you can't hit, it really doesn't matter what type of bat you have. The playing field is level either way.