Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Draft

Featured Replies

Its hard to believe former Harrison County standout, J.D. Ashbrook, wasn't drafted after his performance he put on this year at Morehead State.

 

I'm betting he will sign as a free agent soon...

  • Replies 34
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hitting .430 with 19 homeruns in division one baseball I would hope he would get the chance.

After hitting .430 with 19 homeruns in division one baseball I would hope he would get the chance.

 

I do not know of this kid so I'm not commenting on him.

 

Stats are a waste of time when evaluating college players and determining if they can go pro.

J.D. Ashbrook got picked up by the Chicago Whitesox today!

I do not know of this kid so I'm not commenting on him.

 

Stats are a waste of time when evaluating college players and determining if they can go pro.

 

Well, not entirely so. Stats are important. Both college and pro scouts want to view them. However, they are relative to your competition. If you put up good numbers against quality competition, stats can be very helpful in evaluating a player's ability.

Well, not entirely so. Stats are important. Both college and pro scouts want to view them. However, they are relative to your competition. If you put up good numbers against quality competition, stats can be very helpful in evaluating a player's ability.

 

They may "view" them but they won't use them as justification. The bat simply distorts everything.

They may "view" them but they won't use them as justification. The bat simply distorts everything.

 

How so?

Cameron Conner who attended Franklin County and played basketball but no baseball was taken by the Kansas City Royals in one of the middle rounds not sure which. Great story started off playing basketball at Kentucky State, walked on to baseball team, then transferred to Indiana South East for baseball, now gets drafted.

Cameron Conner who attended Franklin County and played basketball but no baseball was taken by the Kansas City Royals in one of the middle rounds not sure which. Great story started off playing basketball at Kentucky State, walked on to baseball team, then transferred to Indiana South East for baseball, now gets drafted.

 

That is a great story. Obviously has a lot of speed and is a great athlete.

Did I hear right that the Royce kid who played at Dunbar a few years back and was currently playing for U of L got drafted in the 3rd round?

How so?

 

Obviously I can't speak for Clyde, but I am assuming he is referring to the metal bats of college kids as compared to the wood bats they use in the bigs. I would be willing to bet the stats would be very different if he was using a wooden bat.

Edited by SportsFan62
Poor wording

Cameron Conner who attended Franklin County and played basketball but no baseball was taken by the Kansas City Royals in one of the middle rounds not sure which. Great story started off playing basketball at Kentucky State, walked on to baseball team, then transferred to Indiana South East for baseball, now gets drafted.

 

Seeing that he got drafted I would say the decision to walk onto the baseball team was a very good one!

Obviously I can't speak for Clyde, but I am assuming he is referring to the metal bats of college kids as compared to the wood bats they use in the bigs. I would be willing to bet the stats would be very different if he was using a wooden bat.

 

I thought that is what he possibly meant. True, the aluminum bat may send the ball a little faster and a little farther. However, the kid is demonstrating the ability to hit. If you can't hit, it really doesn't matter what type of bat you have. The playing field is level either way.

Cameron ran a 6.3 second 60....talk about burning your shoes off....he had a pretty good year at Indiana university southern....batting 399 with a few homers

Jonathan Roof of St. Mary ... 8th round by Texas and signed for $125K. Roof was Michigan State's starting shortstop since he was a freshman.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.