MLB Draft

I thought that is what he possibly meant. True, the aluminum bat may send the ball a little faster and a little farther. However, the kid is demonstrating the ability to hit. If you can't hit, it really doesn't matter what type of bat you have. The playing field is level either way.

You can hit a ball poorly with a metal bat and get a double out of hit. You hit the same ball the same way with a wood bat and you get out.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U can hit a ball on the handle of a metal bat and it's a home run. Just watch the college world series.

Come on, guys. Be real. How many home runs have you really observed that were hit on the handle of the aluminum bat? College World Series included. My point is...the bat does not make your ability to hit any better. It may send the ball marginally farther and a bit faster, but it does not make you see the ball better, improve bat speed or overcome fundamental flaws. Give a great hitter an aluminum or wood bat and he will hit.

• 2 weeks later...
Come on, guys. Be real. How many home runs have you really observed that were hit on the handle of the aluminum bat? College World Series included. My point is...the bat does not make your ability to hit any better. It may send the ball marginally farther and a bit faster, but it does not make you see the ball better, improve bat speed or overcome fundamental flaws. Give a great hitter an aluminum or wood bat and he will hit.

It increases bat speed greatly and covers up numerous mechanical flaws. Just look at college stats and compare them when the hitter goes to pro ball.