Interesting and Unusual Evaluation

Here is what ESPN Hoopgurlz had to say about Boone County's Sydney Moss in placing her in their 2012 ESPNU Top 100 Watch List:

"Evaluation

Deep South Classic-April 10: Moss is a very interesting prospect as she combines a unique blend of power forward and point guard skills. She a really strong athlete with very deceptive and deceiving athleticism. It's kind of" freakish" for someone her size. Moves well for her size."

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player, boy or girl, evaluated as a blend of power forward and point guard.

It's become common to hear of guys with length and handling skills be referred to as "point forwards". These are typically "small forwards", guys who normally play the "3", but I've not seen or heard of players that are generally power players around the basket (as Moss can do) also be labeled as having point guard skills.

So what does this make Moss? Maybe a "power guard"?!?! :confused:

Here is what ESPN Hoopgurlz had to say about Boone County's Sydney Moss in placing her in their 2012 ESPNU Top 100 Watch List:

"Evaluation

Deep South Classic-April 10: Moss is a very interesting prospect as she combines a unique blend of power forward and point guard skills. She a really strong athlete with very deceptive and deceiving athleticism. It's kind of" freakish" for someone her size. Moves well for her size."

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player, boy or girl, evaluated as a blend of power forward and point guard.

It's become common to hear of guys with length and handling skills be referred to as "point forwards". These are typically "small forwards", guys who normally play the "3", but I've not seen or heard of players that are generally power players around the basket (as Moss can do) also be labeled as having point guard skills.

So what does this make Moss? Maybe a "power guard"?!?! :confused:

You've obviously watched her a ton more than I but PG skills at the D1 level do not come mind for me. Of course, she's only heading into her junior year so that might change.

Can we assume the "freakish" comment was not a coincidence?

You've obviously watched her a ton more than I but PG skills at the D1 level do not come mind for me. Of course, she's only heading into her junior year so that might change.

Can we assume the "freakish" comment was not a coincidence?

Her handle is getting better and better as she has the opportunity to have the ball more in the open floor. From mid-season on she helped break the presses BC faced and she plays out on the floor more in AAU BB.

I wouldn't see her as a college point either, more from a quickness standpoint than anything else. There are some absolute blurs at point in college! But she could certainly ulilize those skills at the 2 or 3 in college with the ability to take players off the dribble or post up defenders anywhere close to her size when going against a man-to-man.

Probably not a coincidence but at times she does do some things that border on "freakish", particularly for a girl.

In any case it's all fun for me to watch!