Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton Will Enter NBA Draft

Featured Replies

Larry Orton tells Vaught: "If he had played more, he would have made DeMarcus look bad." That's an interesting statement...

 

If his father is telling him things like this, it's hard to comprehend what other's are feeding him. I wish him the best of luck but I hate to see a player leave just to cash a check at the end of the pine.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Cal ever had this many players leave? I know he recruits a lot of "one and done" players, but has he ever had this many guys leave for the NBA?

  • Author

"He (Larry Orton) said his son attended classes Wednesday but will leave for California Sunday."

Wait until the get him to a few pre-draft camps. I'd say he will get a true gauge of where where he stands after that. I can't imagine a team would take him in the top 15 right now, I just can't.

Larry Orton tells Vaught: "If he had played more, he would have made DeMarcus look bad." That's an interesting statement...

That's just a father talking and showing the love for his son.

Orton will get drafted atleast in the Top 20.

 

There are guys riding the pine in the NBA right now at 6'11 who make over $1Million a year. Why wouldnt you go?

 

If someone was going to pay me that jack to sit the bench you can bet I would ask where to sign.

Orton will get drafted atleast in the Top 20.

 

There are guys riding the pine in the NBA right now at 6'11 who make over $1Million a year. Why wouldnt you go?

 

If someone was going to pay me that jack to sit the bench you can bet I would ask where to sign.

 

Because it's kind of pathetic to go to the NBA to only sit the bench. My goodness how about trying to be the best player you can be? If he's thinking he just wants to get paid he won't have a long NBA career.

Because it's kind of pathetic to go to the NBA to only sit the bench. My goodness how about trying to be the best player you can be? If he's thinking he just wants to get paid he won't have a long NBA career.

 

Exactly :thumb:

Has Cal ever had this many players leave? I know he recruits a lot of "one and done" players, but has he ever had this many guys leave for the NBA?

 

I would doubt it.

 

But in Cal's defense, at the beginning of the season I don't think that he would have thought he was going to lose Bledsoe, Orton, and Dodson.

He has already packed up and dropped all of his classes...

 

“Daniel is going into the draft,” his father, Larry Orton, said Wednesday. “He’s going into training. He’s going to drop his classes just in case he needs to come back (to UK), but the plan is for him to be in the draft.”

 

How does dropping your classes help you come back? Dan is gone, his comment about the opportunity of being the big man around the basket and him being mute on it, is very telling.

The mock drafts that I have seen this week have dropped him down to the end of the first round, which is where I would expect him to go if he stays in.

You can only test the waters once...

You can only test the waters once...

 

Yeah, I would have thought he would have tested the waters after next season.

Yeah, I would have thought he would have tested the waters after next season.

 

His dad apparently thinks he is ready now. I'm with you, after next season would seem to be the wiser move.

If he is a top 20 pick which most think he is then he should do it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.