Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton Will Enter NBA Draft

Featured Replies

If he's projected in the 10-15 range, he's played his last game as a Wildcat.
:thumb: :thumb:
  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record, he is projected in the 10-15 range on almost every board.

 

Which draft boards are you looking at? :lol::idunno:

 

I must be looking at the wrong ones.

  • Author
Which draft boards are you looking at? :lol::idunno:

 

I must be looking at the wrong ones.

 

I'm looking at the ones that are normally close to be correct. :D

 

Orton's father has been told by several NBA people that Orton is easily a top 20 pick.

I'm looking at the ones that are normally close to be correct. :D

 

Orton's father has been told by several NBA people that Orton is easily a top 20 pick.

 

:lol::notworthy:

 

You have a link I just wanted to see, I have been using:

 

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

If I were an NBA executive, I would not take him high at all. He needs anther year to work on Offensive moves, strength, defensive moves. All they are looking at is athleticism and amazing blocking shots.

 

Strength? Dude is strong already heading into his maturing years.

Hmm...

"I have not declared for the NBA Draft. I’m currently weighing my options and will make a decision prior to the deadline."

  • Author
Hmm...

"I have not declared for the NBA Draft. I’m currently weighing my options and will make a decision prior to the deadline."

 

He has already packed up and dropped all of his classes...

 

“Daniel is going into the draft,” his father, Larry Orton, said Wednesday. “He’s going into training. He’s going to drop his classes just in case he needs to come back (to UK), but the plan is for him to be in the draft.”

He has already packed up and dropped all of his classes...

 

“Daniel is going into the draft,” his father, Larry Orton, said Wednesday. “He’s going into training. He’s going to drop his classes just in case he needs to come back (to UK), but the plan is for him to be in the draft.”

 

Yikes.

This certainly is not going to help UK's APR.

This certainly is not going to help UK's APR.

 

:lol:

 

Looks like if he comes back next year he may be a little behind. :laugh:

  • Author

Larry Orton tells Vaught: "If he had played more, he would have made DeMarcus look bad." That's an interesting statement...

Larry Orton tells Vaught: "If he had played more, he would have made DeMarcus look bad." That's an interesting statement...

 

Wow... I guess that's just a dad being a dad.

I agree that Oroton could use some more seasoning for sure. But anyone who doubts he could or should be a top 20 pick needs to go back and look at NBA draft history, it is a complete crap shoot. If guys like Dampier, Diop, the Collins brothers, and Robin Lopez can get drafted first round and play multiple years I think Orton will be just fine. All he needs to do is make it to that 2nd contract to be set for life and that should be right about the time he starts to come into his own at the NBA level.

Larry Orton tells Vaught: "If he had played more, he would have made DeMarcus look bad." That's an interesting statement...

 

WHAT???????????

 

Has Larry Orton ever seen Cousins play? Did he not watch UK games when Orton was not in? Somebody please take that man's microphone.

You've got to wonder though... Leslie said 5 were going pro correct? So far there is already Wall (given), Orton, Dodson, and most likely Bledsoe. With Cousins struggling to decide and PPat nearing in on the records, could one of them be staying? Where's the praying smilie when you need it...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.