Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton Will Enter NBA Draft

Featured Replies

From Ortons twitter a few mins ago. danielorton33

 

I would like for anyone to disregard anything that you might have heard my father say he was taken the wrong way in his interview.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Ortons twitter a few mins ago. danielorton33

 

I would like for anyone to disregard anything that you might have heard my father say he was taken the wrong way in his interview.

 

Just heard this on the News as well. Interesting.

To me Orton has always seemed like he has a good head on his shoulders. I believe he will make a logical decision.

Lol it is hard to believe what Ortons father said was simply "Taken the wrong way". He may have been wrong, or he have misunderstood his son but I don't think he was taken the wrong way.

Orton is gone. NBA execs will draft him on potential alone.

Didn't Orton have to correct something that his father said last spring during the recruiting process? Seems like I remember something like that. It might have been the other way around though.

It is a lot harder to put your name in the draft and be able to pull out because of the new date to pull your name from the draft has been moved up to May 8 instead of early June.

If NBA execs are saying he could be a top 20 pick, I think he should look. He really showed improvement this season and will only get better with time.

 

However, the potential lockout after next season is really forcing players who may not be quite ready yet to look into it. I do think it is extremely smart not to hire an agent so that your options are open. It always seems that these mock NBA drafts don't account for foreign pro players that get drafted and knock some of these kids down further than they thought they would go.

 

I hope he comes back, but right now think the odds are about 60/40 that he goes. Seems like a good kid and I hope he makes the right decision. The Cats desperately need him back and I think he needs at least one more year.

Didn't Orton have to correct something that his father said last spring during the recruiting process? Seems like I remember something like that. It might have been the other way around though.

 

I remember something about his dad's statement and Daniel's not being in agreement. Sounds like his dad might want to just keep it all on the downlow, advise his son, but not go public if Daniel is still unsure on what he wants to do. I think he at least tests the waters, but I think he also has to know what one more year as a Cat could do for him in the long run.

 

The best big man UK has had in the pros in the past several years was Magloire, and he chose to stay another year at UK when he could have gone. He has had a good pro career, 1-time NBA all star, etc. Nazr came out early and is still hanging around, just never quite found his stride. Morris had the same on court effort he had in college and has ridden the pine for the past 3 seasons.

I thought Orton showed signs of frustration toward the end of the year. He was pretty productive with limited minutes. I would think if he came back next year he might be a top 5 pick because he'd play all the time he wanted. He could lead the nation in blocked shots and show that he can score in the post.

Regarding his dad. It's a shame when dads are over-involved and their sons have to apologize for the father's statements/behavior. Especially when the kid is in college. Cut the cord Mr. Orton. Let your son speak for himself.

The latest mock drafts I have seen have all 5 going in the first round with Orton going 20-25. I would be shocked If anybody came back.

Dicky V twitter:

 

Bledsoe & Orton should come back to CATS as they r not ready 4 life in the NBA!

The latest mock drafts I have seen have all 5 going in the first round with Orton going 20-25. I would be shocked If anybody came back.

 

Which mock draft just wanted to look at it.

Has Cal ever had this many players leave? I know he recruits a lot of "one and done" players, but has he ever had this many guys leave for the NBA?

 

Considering his reputation, he hasn't really had that many has he?

 

Wagner, Rose, Evans

 

Who else?

 

Did Darius Washington or Kendrick Perkins leave after one season?

 

The talent he brought in in this one class was insane. Four guys who will be first round picks...:scared:

 

He's been a great recruiter, but this class was something else.

Considering his reputation, he hasn't really had that many has he?

 

Wagner, Rose, Evans

 

Who else?

 

Did Darius Washington or Kendrick Perkins leave after one season?

 

The talent he brought in in this one class was insane. Four guys who will be first round picks...:scared:

 

He's been a great recruiter, but this class was something else.

 

Perkins went straight to the league I believe.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.