March 31, 201016 yr Author Kentucky freshman big man Daniel Orton will test the NBA Draft waters, but will not hire an agent according to his father. Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Herald-Leader has some quotes from Orton's father, Larry: Larry Orton made it sound like his son would enter the draft in order to learn how viable he was as a NBA prospect. “Just to see where he is,” the player’s father said. The possibility of returning to Kentucky to be the main man around the basket would not be a prime factor in his son’s thinking, Larry Orton said. “I don’t see that as a big deal,” the elder Orton said. Tipton's Complete Article It is important to note that underclassmen have until May 8 to withdraw their names and return to college.
March 31, 201016 yr Very good move by Orton. This gives him a great opportunity to make a truly informed decision.
March 31, 201016 yr For the record, he is projected in the 10-15 range on almost every board. Well then he would be stupid to not go. Everybody keeps saying he isn't ready and I agree but if someone is willing to pay millions to develop him then I say take their money.
March 31, 201016 yr I think he'd be dumb this year to not at least test the water. Probably a good decision for the big man. I'd love to see him back in the Wildcats uniform...but we'll see.
March 31, 201016 yr This means he can still pull out of the draft later on correct? There is a commit date. Upto that point he can withdraw. I'd expect that he will not withdraw.
March 31, 201016 yr If I were an NBA executive, I would not take him high at all. He needs anther year to work on Offensive moves, strength, defensive moves. All they are looking at is athleticism and amazing blocking shots.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.