Raceland/Greenup County Predictions

Option V

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't LCA a powerhouse and Raceland football young? see the analogy ? Support is support, fair is fair. I am calling out all the "ram fans" that pack the stadium on fridays in the fall to show the same support for the baseball team. a ram is a ram is a ram they all wear orange and black.

That's always been the problem there. They think they are a football school and seldom support baseball or basketball. Oh they will if they are having a great season. They've had some real good baseball teams here in the last 5 years. But usually only parents and a few girlfriends at the games to watch. It's time to support baseball there. Get a baseball first coach and start teaching fundamentals. The majority of our players are now learning baseball through the Russell little league system. The community needs to re-establish its youth baseball programs and prepare these young Rams for baseball at the higher levels. Go watch Raceland practices, very little teaching. they hit infield,some outfield, and let kids get a few swings in the box off of Hoof. They should work on things like run down plays and hitting the cutoff man. Let the kids face live pitching from their pitchers.(they do get to sometimes, but not enough). There's another decent group of young players coming up. Hope they are fined tuned and ready to represent Raceland. Would love to see Raceland get to where they can compete with the very good teams in the region.

A friend of mine son plays for Raceland and he told me that the game was not played due to rain on thursday. He thought it was funny because the jv game was played at Raceland and Greenup won the game but the reason he thought it was funny is Greenup has a tarp and the field was covered and the rain stop and he could not figure why it was not played. Did Greenup run out of pitching in the first two games and was worried this would give the young Rams some confidence if it was close or even worse lose to them?

Edited by KYNINERSFAN
add a word

A friend of mine son plays for Raceland and he told me that the game was not played due to rain on thursday. He thought it was funny because the jv game was played at Raceland and Greenup won the game but the reason he thought it was funny is Greenup has a tarp and the field was covered and the rain stop and he could not figure why it was not played. Did Greenup run out of pitching in the first two games and was worried this would give the young Rams some confidence if it was close or even worse lose to them?

No I don't believe that was the case at all actually. Greenup definitely wasn't afraid to play if that is what you were implying. Greenup has at least 4 pitchers in the rotation that could shut down the Rams. They just didn't want to tear up the field that has had so much work done to it.

No I don't believe that was the case at all actually. Greenup definitely wasn't afraid to play if that is what you were implying. Greenup has at least 4 pitchers in the rotation that could shut down the Rams. They just didn't want to tear up the field that has had so much work done to it.

Yeah, that is the reason why Greenups field looks the way it does and Racelands......well.......:eyeonyou: