Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Ball

Featured Replies

Anyone get any updates on this team let me know. They have Stenzel and Purvis playing for them.

 

Wasn't Purvis supposed to be playing for the ICE this year?

  • Replies 289
  • Views 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pools are out for the U14 State Tournament this weekend. Somewhat surprised that there only 16 teams entered (4-D1, 12-D2). Where are the KY Elite and the L'ville Legends? Anyone know who the top players are for Hoops Elite?

Wasn't Purvis supposed to be playing for the ICE this year?

He has played for both the former DSAS and Ice teams . Heard he decided to play with the former DSAS now SS team this year.

Pools are out for the U14 State Tournament this weekend. Somewhat surprised that there only 16 teams entered (4-D1, 12-D2). Where are the KY Elite and the L'ville Legends? Anyone know who the top players are for Hoops Elite?

 

I mentioned in another thread there would be no KY Elite or Legends. KY Elite -- with the team from last year -- is no longer. The new KY Elite is not playing AAU because they have way too many grade exceptions and are going the USSSA route. Dylan Portwood is the only kid who played for last year's version of KY Elite that is on this version, which is ran by a different group. Not sure why the Legends aren't playing, but my guess is it's because they aren't planning to go to nationals anyway.

 

I believe Jackson Davis is the top player for Hoops Elite. Don't know of anybody else playing for them.

Anyone know who the following kids are playing for?

 

Christian McClendon- Holmes

Mason Monroe- Pendleton Co

Nate McGovney- Campbell Co

 

From reading the above post, it sounds like none are apart of Ky Elite anymore.

Both of these players fit in well with the Heat team. They have 6'6 JR Doss from SK that starts at the center position and is capable of putting up big offensive numbers. Stephens is more of a defensive center but can give you 4-8 points a game off the bench (and has been so far). He really is committed to getting better this summer.

 

JaKeith didn't play last year for Holmes, and regrets it. He is really working hard on his game and wants to play high school ball. He really hasn't missed much and had 20 points today with 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Very good production out of the pg position IMO. What he lacks in strength he makes up for with effort. I've been very impressed with him in the games I saw. So far nobody has been able to guard him with the speed/quickness he has. He handles the ball very well with few turnovers and has very good court awareness. He does need to work on the intangibles of a pg...like being a floor general.

 

Both players have played AAU in the past with the QC Prophets and Tarheels so AAU is nothing new to them. I believe they even played on a team that went to Nationals when they were younger, but I could be mistaken. I just think it is great that they are refocused and committed to doing what it takes to get better. It's a long summer so we will see how they progress.

 

Thanks for the info.

 

I saw David several times at the JV level this past season and he is indeed a defensive center. Kid is absolutely HUGE. If he can improve offensively, he could be a force down low. At 6'8-6'9 and around 235-240, he's a big kid that could be a great asset for Holmes around the rim.

 

As far as JaKeith, I was wondering why he didn't play for Holmes this past season as a sophomore. He was one of the better players for their freshman team two years ago so it doesn't surprise me that he put up the numbers that you included. He reminds me of a combination of Jamel Riley and Braeon Avery....Avery's quickness with Riley's handles.

 

Please keep me updated on how these two progress.

 

Do you know who Dontel Rice (6'4 jr guard) of Holmes is playing for? I know older brother Kevon is playing for some team out of Dayton, OH.

 

 

Chris Hayes (Holmes) has been a very solid performer for the NKY Bulldogs this season. From what I've seen, he is quite the contributer for them. Good kid as well. Looks very quick and has nice handles. Finishes decent around the rim, once he locks that down, he will be one of the best 2 or 3 in NKY. I think he will do this with no problem. This summer will help him I think. Good shooter, good defender.

 

:thumb:

 

Hayes comes from a long line of great athletes at Holmes. Doesn't surprise me to hear that he has progressed so much since his sophomore season.

 

I'm also interested in Pierre Mayfield. Anyone know if he's playing for anyone this summer? I know he was the starting pg for the tarheels a few years ago.

Anyone know who the following kids are playing for?

 

Christian McClendon- Holmes

Mason Monroe- Pendleton Co

Nate McGovney- Campbell Co

 

From reading the above post, it sounds like none are apart of Ky Elite anymore.

 

All 3 are still with KY Elite. The comments above are in relation to one year younger. Last year's 14u KY Elite is still intact with a few changes.

Pools are out for the U14 State Tournament this weekend. Somewhat surprised that there only 16 teams entered (4-D1, 12-D2). Where are the KY Elite and the L'ville Legends? Anyone know who the top players are for Hoops Elite?

 

So in the D1 division if a team wins two games they are the State Champions? I believe I would but both divisions together and have one State champion. JMO

So in the D1 division if a team wins two games they are the State Champions? I believe I would but both divisions together and have one State champion. JMO

 

They need to set the Kentucky state tournament up the same way as Ohio does. The first weekend is the Division I state tournament. Everyone plays and competes for a state championship. If you do not qualify in the Division I state tournament you can play in the Division II the following weekend.

 

I have never understood why Kentucky does Division I and II on the same weekend.

They need to set the Kentucky state tournament up the same way as Ohio does. The first weekend is the Division I state tournament. Everyone plays and competes for a state championship. If you do not qualify in the Division I state tournament you can play in the Division II the following weekend.

 

I have never understood why Kentucky does Division I and II on the same weekend.

 

I agree with you on this. KY should have just put all of these teams in to one open tournament like they did last year with this group when they were in the U13 division. I think there should have to be a minimum of at least 8 teams in D1 to have their own tournament.

All 3 are still with KY Elite. The comments above are in relation to one year younger. Last year's 14u KY Elite is still intact with a few changes.

 

Correct. 15U Kentucky Elite is loaded with some of the state's best freshman. They will make some noise this summer.

So in the D1 division if a team wins two games they are the State Champions? I believe I would but both divisions together and have one State champion. JMO

 

All of the teams will play each other once, then they will seed based on those results. After seeding, they will have 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3. So, to win it all, a team will have played 5 games, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.

I mentioned in another thread there would be no KY Elite or Legends. KY Elite -- with the team from last year -- is no longer. The new KY Elite is not playing AAU because they have way too many grade exceptions and are going the USSSA route. Dylan Portwood is the only kid who played for last year's version of KY Elite that is on this version, which is ran by a different group. Not sure why the Legends aren't playing, but my guess is it's because they aren't planning to go to nationals anyway.

 

I believe Jackson Davis is the top player for Hoops Elite. Don't know of anybody else playing for them.

 

Can you share the roster of the U14 KY Elite? Not sure what going to nationals would have to do with the Legends either playing in state or not playing. They are two seperate tournaments. One would think that if they are not going to nationals, then that would be all the reason more to play in the state tournament. :idunno:

Can you share the roster of the U14 KY Elite? Not sure what going to nationals would have to do with the Legends either playing in state or not playing. They are two seperate tournaments. One would think that if they are not going to nationals, then that would be all the reason more to play in the state tournament. :idunno:

 

I agree with you on the Legends, that's just what I was told. As far as KY Elite 14U, the only kid I know is Portwood from Scott County. The rest are from the eastern part of the state. Somebody else might be able to help with the names. I have seen them play, though, and they have a nice team. But, even if they were playing in state, I would still make the Tarheels / KY Select the favorite.

They need to set the Kentucky state tournament up the same way as Ohio does. The first weekend is the Division I state tournament. Everyone plays and competes for a state championship. If you do not qualify in the Division I state tournament you can play in the Division II the following weekend.

 

I have never understood why Kentucky does Division I and II on the same weekend.

 

Agreed! 4 team tournaments are ridiculous.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.