Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Ball

Featured Replies

Interesting to see Carter New playing with the Heat. How has he played?

 

He was a great pick-up for the Heat. He is a physically strong guard and a very smart player. Unfortunately he is injured and did not play much at all this weekend. However, he was there on the bench for every game supporting his teammates, which I love to see!

  • Replies 289
  • Views 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
NKY Heat 16u

 

Carter New - Highlands

JR Doss - Simon Kenton

Tyler Bray - Ryle

Tate Mullins - Ryle

Ryan Smith - Ryle

Dylan James - Ryle

Keenan Palmer - Boone Co.

Tyler Cox - Boone Co.

Carlitos Anderson - Walnut Hills

David Irby - Walnut Hills

JaKeith Pitts - Holmes

David Stephens - Holmes

 

Sounds like a nice team. I like the locality of the players. Good luck this summer! I'll be keeping an eye out.

  • Author
Nick Gray (Simon Kenton) Devontae Bradley (Cooper) are also on this team

 

On what team?

  • Author

I have a question about the SS Sports teams.

 

At the Bearcat Classic (Where these teams appear to have been doing very well), I noticed that the teams are listed as colors (SSS-White, SSS-Blue, SSS-Black, etc.). But on the website for the SSS program, it doesn't have any of this. I think three of the 17's teams are listed under Coach Price.

 

Why is this? Why not just stick with one team name. Either a coach or a color. Or, at least an area like the SSS-Kentucky team.

 

I think this leads to a lot of confusion. I like to follow each team, but it's hard to keep up when they switch names.

He was a great pick-up for the Heat. He is a physically strong guard and a very smart player. Unfortunately he is injured and did not play much at all this weekend. However, he was there on the bench for every game supporting his teammates, which I love to see!

 

CArter is a very heady player who could be a very nice guard at Highlands next year as a Junior. He is Kenny Shields' grandson and a talented football player as well.

I also saw the Northern Kentucky Bulldogs in a wash over Showtime (Dayton). Upper 20's victory. Seem to have been led by the bigs, Stauffer, Stewart, and Hodges. I think they are a real nice team with a ton of potential! Hayes from Holmes looked good as well.

 

Good luck to all Kentucky teams!

 

Thanks for the update on the Bulldogs. I plan on getting out to watch them some this summer.

 

Also good to hear that Hayes continues to play well. I said it before this past season and I'll say it again...he is one of the top 2 or 3 guards in the area for his class. Most athletic guard in nky, IMO.

 

NKY Heat 16u

 

Carter New - Highlands

JR Doss - Simon Kenton

Tyler Bray - Ryle

Tate Mullins - Ryle

Ryan Smith - Ryle

Dylan James - Ryle

Keenan Palmer - Boone Co.

Tyler Cox - Boone Co.

Carlitos Anderson - Walnut Hills

David Irby - Walnut Hills

JaKeith Pitts - Holmes

David Stephens - Holmes

 

Surprised to hear these two are playing AAU ball.

 

JaKeith wasn't even on Holmes JV team this past season as a sophomore and while Stephens is 6'8 or 6'9, he's very raw offensively. (to say the least)

 

From seeing JaKeith in person, he is a VERY QUICK (understatement) guard but very small and lacks strength.

 

Hopefully both have improved though and will continue to improve and be a help to Holmes this upcoming season.

Thanks for the update on the Bulldogs. I plan on getting out to watch them some this summer.

 

Also good to hear that Hayes continues to play well. I said it before this past season and I'll say it again...he is one of the top 2 or 3 guards in the area for his class. Most athletic guard in nky, IMO.

 

 

 

Surprised to hear these two are playing AAU ball.

 

JaKeith wasn't even on Holmes JV team this past season as a sophomore and while Stephens is 6'8 or 6'9, he's very raw offensively. (to say the least)

 

From seeing JaKeith in person, he is a VERY QUICK (understatement) guard but very small and lacks strength.

 

Hopefully both have improved though and will continue to improve and be a help to Holmes this upcoming season.

 

Both of these players fit in well with the Heat team. They have 6'6 JR Doss from SK that starts at the center position and is capable of putting up big offensive numbers. Stephens is more of a defensive center but can give you 4-8 points a game off the bench (and has been so far). He really is committed to getting better this summer.

 

JaKeith didn't play last year for Holmes, and regrets it. He is really working hard on his game and wants to play high school ball. He really hasn't missed much and had 20 points today with 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Very good production out of the pg position IMO. What he lacks in strength he makes up for with effort. I've been very impressed with him in the games I saw. So far nobody has been able to guard him with the speed/quickness he has. He handles the ball very well with few turnovers and has very good court awareness. He does need to work on the intangibles of a pg...like being a floor general.

 

Both players have played AAU in the past with the QC Prophets and Tarheels so AAU is nothing new to them. I believe they even played on a team that went to Nationals when they were younger, but I could be mistaken. I just think it is great that they are refocused and committed to doing what it takes to get better. It's a long summer so we will see how they progress.

I have a question about the SS Sports teams.

 

At the Bearcat Classic (Where these teams appear to have been doing very well), I noticed that the teams are listed as colors (SSS-White, SSS-Blue, SSS-Black, etc.). But on the website for the SSS program, it doesn't have any of this. I think three of the 17's teams are listed under Coach Price.

 

Why is this? Why not just stick with one team name. Either a coach or a color. Or, at least an area like the SSS-Kentucky team.

 

I think this leads to a lot of confusion. I like to follow each team, but it's hard to keep up when they switch names.

 

Thanks for the feedback. The changes have now been made and proper names given to the teams. Sometimes the tournaments take it upon themselves to use their own version of the name.

 

Mike Price is currently the head coach of the Kentucky team.

 

http://www.sssbasketball.com

I have another question regarding the SSS teams. I noticed yesterday that when/if their teams meet in a tournament, the coaches choose to sit out and basically let the players coach themselves and the game looks like a scrimmage. Seems odd, why do they do this?

I have another question regarding the SSS teams. I noticed yesterday that when/if their teams meet in a tournament, the coaches choose to sit out and basically let the players coach themselves and the game looks like a scrimmage. Seems odd, why do they do this?

 

Coach Price lets the kids coach against each other anytime two of our teams play against each other. Unless it is an NCAA certified event.

 

The teams practice together. Run the same sets and defense. They know each other very well.

 

It has worked very well. The kids really take pride in coaching. They learn a lot about time management, substitution patterns, etc..

 

Coach Price has been doing that for a lot of years.

What are the schedules for some of these teams for the rest of the spring?

 

Shining Star Sports-Davis opens their season next weekend in Nashville Tennessee playing in String Music Showcase.

 

Shining Star Sports-Kentucky (Coached by Mike Price) will be in Indianapolis playing in the Indiana Spring Classic.

Shining Star Sports-Davis opens their season next weekend in Nashville Tennessee playing in String Music Showcase.

 

Shining Star Sports-Kentucky (Coached by Mike Price) will be in Indianapolis playing in the Indiana Spring Classic.

 

Anyone get any updates on this team let me know. They have Stenzel and Purvis playing for them.

  • Author
Thanks for the update on the Bulldogs. I plan on getting out to watch them some this summer.

 

Also good to hear that Hayes continues to play well. I said it before this past season and I'll say it again...he is one of the top 2 or 3 guards in the area for his class. Most athletic guard in nky, IMO.

 

 

 

Surprised to hear these two are playing AAU ball.

 

JaKeith wasn't even on Holmes JV team this past season as a sophomore and while Stephens is 6'8 or 6'9, he's very raw offensively. (to say the least)

 

From seeing JaKeith in person, he is a VERY QUICK (understatement) guard but very small and lacks strength.

 

Hopefully both have improved though and will continue to improve and be a help to Holmes this upcoming season.

 

 

Chris Hayes (Holmes) has been a very solid performer for the NKY Bulldogs this season. From what I've seen, he is quite the contributer for them. Good kid as well. Looks very quick and has nice handles. Finishes decent around the rim, once he locks that down, he will be one of the best 2 or 3 in NKY. I think he will do this with no problem. This summer will help him I think. Good shooter, good defender.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.