Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Ball

Featured Replies

Allen was having an offseason surgery and would forgo AAU this year and I had heard that Barnett was going to run track this spring.

 

Barnett played with Star Sports last weekend in a tourney out at Midwest sports. I think he was just filling in but he looked pretty good. I like his quickness, aggressiveness and he gets his shot off very quickly. He wasnt on the mark as much as he would like but he has really worked hard on his game you can tell from his freshman year.

 

He could be doing some spot fill in type play this spring but if he is running track that might be tough with Saturdays normally spent all day on the Track.

  • Replies 289
  • Views 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pouncy's team will be very good again, even with the coaching. lol. JUST KIDDING JAMES :thumb::D

 

As I said last year, this will be a very fun team to watch for the next few years, 14 year olds and they are playing up! They will only get better, and bigger, look for them to do well again at nationals. :thumb:

 

They should be very good especially with Hatton developing so well and Nick True at 6'5 220lbs has also had a good winter playing for the Highlands Frosh/JV squads. He has a nice touch around the basket and really takes up space.

Where will the Shining Stars and Charlotte Court be? Any ideas....

 

Shining Star Sports-Davis will not open the season until the weekend of the 23rd. They will be playing in Nashville at the String Music Classic.

 

Shining Star Sports-Price will be opening the season at the Bearcat Classic on the weekend of the 16th.

 

Shining Star Sports-Downs 16u team will be at the Cincinnati Knights tournament next weekend.

 

Shining Star Sports-Bundy 15u team will be opening at the Bearcat Classic on the weekend of the 16th.

Pouncy's team will be very good again, even with the coaching. lol. JUST KIDDING JAMES :thumb::D

 

As I said last year, this will be a very fun team to watch for the next few years, 14 year olds and they are playing up! They will only get better, and bigger, look for them to do well again at nationals. :thumb:

 

They should be very good especially with Hatton developing so well and Nick True at 6'5 220lbs has also had a good winter playing for the Highlands Frosh/JV squads. He has a nice touch around the basket and really takes up space.

 

Aren't there a few Holmes players on this team as well?

 

Jaylen Avery and Quan Palmer?

How did the Derek Smith All Stars Van Hoose team do at the KBA?

Aren't there a few Holmes players on this team as well?

 

Jaylen Avery and Quan Palmer?

 

I know Avery plays with them but not sure on Palmer, you may be right.

How did the Derek Smith All Stars Van Hoose team do at the KBA?

 

I heard not too well.

Gilbert and Pawsat are not playing this year to concentrate on football. Pike I believe is staying down and playing with the 16's. Schutte, Giesler, Smith, Brown are all back joined by Thelen (CovCath) , 2 players from Senica HS, and a player from Frankfort,KY. Not sure, but there's a couple more I'm forgetting.

I don't think the King twins are playing this year either.

Gilbert is playing with the SSS-DSAS team according to his dad.

  • Author
Gilbert is playing with the SSS-DSAS team according to his dad.

 

Hmmm, I had heard that he wasn't playing this summer as well. I guess time will tell.

Jordan Gilbert has decided to play with Coach VanHoose of Derek Smith All Stars. Jordan had a fantastic two seasons with the Shining Star Sports program. Jordan felt it was time for him to make a change. Great pickup for Coach VanHoose and the Derek Smith program.

Was Jordan with the DSAS team at the KBA this past weekend?

 

Yes he was.

I heard not too well.

 

I heard this as well.

 

Maybe they're still trying to make the transition to new coaches and not move too fast?

I know Avery plays with them but not sure on Palmer, you may be right.

 

Here is the Tarheels 14U roster:

 

14U Kentucky Select

 

#12 - Zach McNeil

#33 - Brandon Hatton

#24 - Jaylen Beal

#4 - Jaylen Avery

#31 - Aaron Morgan

#10 - Kuan Palmer

#32 - Nick True

#34 - Tanner Moeves

#20 - Drew Barker

#22 - Taylor Lee

#1 - Zach McCormick

 

I know Hatton, Avery, Beal, and Palmer have been the "stars" for this team over the past few years. I believe McCormick has also had several big games for them.

Here is the Tarheels 14U roster:

 

14U Kentucky Select

 

#12 - Zach McNeil

#33 - Brandon Hatton

#24 - Jaylen Beal

#4 - Jaylen Avery

#31 - Aaron Morgan

#10 - Kuan Palmer

#32 - Nick True

#34 - Tanner Moeves

#20 - Drew Barker

#22 - Taylor Lee

#1 - Zach McCormick

 

I know Hatton, Avery, Beal, and Palmer have been the "stars" for this team over the past few years. I believe McCormick has also had several big games for them.

 

These guys can really play, and are fun to watch. Went 3-1 this weekend at the KBA against U15 teams. Hit the wall in the championship while playing their 4th game in about 4.5 hours. Should be a tough out at the U14 state tournament in a couple of weeks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.