Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Ball

Featured Replies

Question:

 

Will NKY Bulldogs field a team again this year? They were primarily nky kids last year and did well in several tournaments.

  • Replies 289
  • Views 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

 

Will NKY Bulldogs field a team again this year? They were primarily nky kids last year and did well in several tournaments.

 

Yes the Bulldogs will be back with all NKY kids again. As always, I am sure they will surprise a few people here and there.

Yes the Bulldogs will be back with all NKY kids again. As always, I am sure they will surprise a few people here and there.

 

Who will be on this team?

 

I remember Flesch and Robinson (?) being apart of that team last year.

 

Also, what about the NKY Firebirds? I know that team was coached by a Highlands' senior step dad, so didn't know if they'd field another team this year or not.

NKY Bulldogs that I know of.

Flesch, Robinson, Hodges - Conner

Stauffer, Vollet - Ryle

Stewart - Highlands

Trammel - Dixie

Montgomery - Boone County

Having known most of what went on, it's still a bit surprising it happened, even to those involved.

 

Share with us please.........

From what I've HEARD, a lot of the reason for DSAS essentially folding had to do with money and disorganization with how the trips were planned. This is why you saw the DSAS leave several tournaments even after advancing to the next round.

 

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Where will Hicks, Prewitt and other members of the 14u the Ville be playing this summer?

The big change was the entire DSAS 16U team (now 17U) and coaching staff switching to Shining Stars.

 

I heard Friar's Club split up as well and some are playing on Shining Stars teams.

  • Author
Sounds like a strong lineup. I am guessing the Seneca kids are Stone and Fluellen. They were good when they played for the Louisville Lakers. This team will miss Gilbert, but they look to have reloaded nicely. Good luck.

 

I think they will miss Gilbert greatly. Pawsat was a nice inside/outside threat. But, the SSS is almost always a competitor. I wonder how Thelen fits in here. Will Trevan Brown be on this team as well? With Geisler and Thelen....

  • Author
I wasn't aware there would be any changes, maybe a new assistant here or there.

 

Maybe there isn't... I was told the coach was changing this year. Rumors....

I think they will miss Gilbert greatly. Pawsat was a nice inside/outside threat. But, the SSS is almost always a competitor. I wonder how Thelen fits in here. Will Trevan Brown be on this team as well? With Geisler and Thelen....

 

Yes, Trevan still plays. Should give Giesler and Thelen some time playing a 4 were they'll play in college.

Question:

 

Why did all of the coaches and players from the DSAS program go to the SSS program?

 

You'd think that having arguably the best team in the state at the 17U level and possibly one of the better teams in the country, they'd want to keep everyone intact for their final year.

 

Can anyone shed some light on that situation?

 

"Follow the Money" that's always what it's about at the AAU level.

Coach Pittman's team from last year will be coached by Coach Mike Price who is the head coach at Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati. Mike has been one of the top AAU coaches for a number of years and one of the better coaches in the business.

 

Coach Pittman will continue to support the team but has decided to step down to spend more time working with his son and daughter. He is coaching a very talented 13u girls team during the AAU season.

 

A number of the players from last years team will continue to play with Coach Price. Scott Schuette, Kellen Smith, Jake Geisler, Trevan Brown and Devonte Bradley. They have also added Kevin Shaw and Walter Alexander from Seneca High School and Jake Thelan from Covington Catholic High School. Coach Price should have a very talented team.

 

Zeke Pike is playing with the 16u team coached by Todd Downs of Boone County High School.

Does anyone know if the Charlotte Court and Lexington Ice will be fielding teams this year? They are always tough. I have also heard that Hoops in Louisville is putting together an elite program.
Charlotte Court is fielding teams this year, and they will be very competitive at each level. Their program may not be considered elite as they do not try to lace themselves with the the States top ranked players, but thier player development is one of the best. And they do it for the right reasons.
  • Author
Charlotte Court is fielding teams this year, and they will be very competitive at each level. Their program may not be considered elite as they do not try to lace themselves with the the States top ranked players, but thier player development is one of the best. And they do it for the right reasons.

 

Charlotte Court has a very nice program. The team is always talented and I also like the way they do things. The boys on the team always seem to be very respectful off the court at tournaments, and seem to have good gamesmanship on the court. There are a few other teams like this as well... Team Kentucky, NKY Bulldogs, WKY Elite. These are the teams I enjoy watching, just because they always seems to have the work ethic players. The kids that go out and give it 100% all the time.

 

Dont get me wrong, SSS has these players too and they are a great organization. But, because of the array of names, you dont always get to see each player on the floor.

 

Will Marcellus Barkesdale be playing for the Court this year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.