Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Ball

Featured Replies

  • Author
Who will be some of the better teams in the 17U and 16U age groups?

 

In the 17's out of KY I am sure you will see teams like SSS 16's from last year, now SSS-DSAS, Charlotte Court, Lex Ice, NKY Bulldogs, Team Kentucky, Hoyas, WKY Elite... much of the same I would think and hope. Some really good teams last year.

 

I heard Team KY will have a new coach this year... Does this mean all new players as well? Anyone know...

  • Replies 289
  • Views 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 17's out of KY I am sure you will see teams like SSS 16's from last year, now SSS-DSAS, Charlotte Court, Lex Ice, NKY Bulldogs, Team Kentucky, Hoyas, WKY Elite... much of the same I would think and hope. Some really good teams last year.

 

I heard Team KY will have a new coach this year... Does this mean all new players as well? Anyone know...

 

Shining Star team last year coached by Pittman is still around with new coach and some new players. Shining Star team coached by Coach Davis will still be very strong.

 

Ice will be be very good with Fucci, Martin, Barnette and I have heard Travis Purvis from GRC back full time.

 

Not sure who will be with DSAS and Coach VanHoose?

 

I would think most of these teams have their roster set or close to set at this time. Tournament action starts first of April?

How did this shake out? Will it be the exact same team?

 

How will this play into the SSS 16's of last year with players like Schuette, Gilbert, Pawsat, Pike, and the NCC player.....

 

Exact same team, with an addition or two. Does not play into the other SSS teams as there are many SSS teams.

  • Author
Shining Star team last year coached by Pittman is still around with new coach and some new players. Shining Star team coached by Coach Davis will still be very strong.

 

Ice will be be very good with Fucci, Martin, Barnette and I have heard Travis Purvis from GRC back full time.

 

Not sure who will be with DSAS and Coach VanHoose?

 

I would think most of these teams have their roster set or close to set at this time. Tournament action starts first of April?

 

Is Pittman still coaching a Stars team? Any ideas on who will be on that team from last year?

In the 17's out of KY I am sure you will see teams like SSS 16's from last year, now SSS-DSAS, Charlotte Court, Lex Ice, NKY Bulldogs, Team Kentucky, Hoyas, WKY Elite... much of the same I would think and hope. Some really good teams last year.

 

I heard Team KY will have a new coach this year... Does this mean all new players as well? Anyone know...

 

 

I would think SSS-Davis in the 17's would be the team to watch/beat as they won the 16U title last year, as well as with their final record for the season last year. DSAS 17s will have all new players so i'm not sure on what they will have this year, I am not sure about most of the other teams.

 

Team KY has moved their operation eastward, but will be back this year, a few other things are being worked out as well, and 5 or so of their players they had during the July circuit last year will be back.

Tournament action starts first of April?

If they are not playing this weekend I would say most will be in action by April 10-11, since next weekend is Easter.

Are there any tournaments this weekend and where is everyone at on the 10 & 11?

Are there any tournaments this weekend and where is everyone at on the 10 & 11?

Some of the teams are in Louisville this weekend, I would guess on April 10-11 some will be at the KnoxVegas tourney and others will be at the Cincinnati Knights tourney.

Pittman still coaching 10 boys, and very good 13 girls teams for SSS, (his kid's teams). Don't know if he is continuing with others . . . He seems to be doing a lot of coach and team recruiting.

Who is on the team?:popcorn:

Shining Stars (Bundy)

 

Kristian Morgan (Gallatin Co)

Derek Jefferies (Henry Co)

Deandre Thompson (Lloyd Memorial)

Jarice Ewell (Lloyd Memorial)

Niko Carter (Lloyd Memorial)

Austin Hunt (Russell)

Jared Swanson (Simon Kenton)

Cody Monson (Simon Kenton)

Michael Bueter (Newport Central Catholic)

Tyler ??? (St. Xavier Cincinnati)

Shining Stars (Bundy)

 

Kristian Morgan (Gallatin Co)

Derek Jefferies (Henry Co)

Deandre Thompson (Lloyd Memorial)

Jarice Ewell (Lloyd Memorial)

Niko Carter (Lloyd Memorial)

Austin Hunt (Russell)

Jared Swanson (Simon Kenton)

Cody Monson (Simon Kenton)

Michael Bueter (Newport Central Catholic)

Tyler ??? (St. Xavier Cincinnati)

 

Was this a handpicked team by Bundy or did they have tryouts?

Was this a handpicked team by Bundy or did they have tryouts?

 

He held tryouts and a few were cut.

He held tryouts and a few were cut.

 

Thanks for the info, should be a nice team. Beuter is one of the most improved guards in NKY at the frosh level this past year. He shoots lights out and can create space for his shot.

 

Im surprised to not see Justin Saunders (Brossart) on this squad though.

Shining Stars (Bundy)

 

Kristian Morgan (Gallatin Co)

Derek Jefferies (Henry Co)

Deandre Thompson (Lloyd Memorial)

Jarice Ewell (Lloyd Memorial)

Niko Carter (Lloyd Memorial)

Austin Hunt (Russell)

Jared Swanson (Simon Kenton)

Cody Monson (Simon Kenton)

Michael Bueter (Newport Central Catholic)

Tyler ??? (St. Xavier Cincinnati)

 

Jared Swanson is still injured, and I believe Andrew Sampson and Jared Bowling from SK are on the team.

 

And from my understanding there are still cuts/additions to be made. :0

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.