Larry Vaught Calls out Bob Knight

Michael Corleone

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very strange story from Vaught. Knight shouldn't be at the game, unless he's buying a ticket. He's not part of gameday and is no where near their number one crew. I get it, it's an easy way to look like he's "getting" Knight. But seriously, this is silly.

The only reason that anyone is questioning why Knight isn't coming is because of the comments. If he had not made those comments, noone would even give a 2nd thought to whether or not Knight was coming.

I will be at the UK vs UT game on Saturday and my only thought about anything before the game is: Where will we eat? Where will I park? I don't think it is a big deal if Knight is there or not. At least Jay Bilas is coming and he is the one analyst that I actually feel is about as unbiased as it comes and enjoy listening to. No matter what he says, it never comes across as being personal either positive or negative.

And honestly, ... Bobby Knight seems to actually enjoy ticking people off, so I would think he would relish the opportunity to be booed at UK, ... again. Would bring back old memories for him! If it were a big deal to him, I think he would come and enjoy the crowd reaction.

I doubt BK is to scared of some college students and would venture to guess that anything they could come up with say to him, he's heard it all before.

But why was it noted that he couldn't make the trip due to travel issues or something? He was apparently going to be there for whatever reason before yesterday.

I do believe Knight doesn't like UK and wants to stay far away from it, but this is a little too much. If Bob Knight was at all the other game days and decided to just miss this one that would be different.

Wasn't he at Gameday last year? I remember seeing him at atleast a couple last year I believe.

ESPN issued a statement saying he wouldn't be there because of a scheduling conflict or something to that extent. If he isn't part of the crew then why issue a statement?

Maybe because people like Larry Vaught are trying to make a story out of something that simply isn't there, and are contacting ESPN to see if Knight will be at the game.