Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Larry Vaught Calls out Bob Knight

Featured Replies

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think Vaught is blowing things way out of proportion here. Knight is not part of the Game Day crew. ESPN has it's #1 crew doing the game that night. What is the big deal?

This is a very strange story from Vaught. Knight shouldn't be at the game, unless he's buying a ticket. He's not part of gameday and is no where near their number one crew. I get it, it's an easy way to look like he's "getting" Knight. But seriously, this is silly.

I honestly think Vaught is blowing things way out of proportion here. Knight is not part of the Game Day crew. ESPN has it's #1 crew doing the game that night. What is the big deal?

 

Vaught is a homer to the core. He proves it over and over.

I agree, Knight isn't part of that crew, no big deal to me.

I wish people would let the Knight situation go.

 

Right or wrong, he said what he said. It's over.

:lol: I'm sure Knight is terrified to come to Lexington. Especially when he wouldn't be there for Gameday regardless. :ohbrother:

The only reason that anyone is questioning why Knight isn't coming is because of the comments. If he had not made those comments, noone would even give a 2nd thought to whether or not Knight was coming.

 

I will be at the UK vs UT game on Saturday and my only thought about anything before the game is: Where will we eat? Where will I park? I don't think it is a big deal if Knight is there or not. At least Jay Bilas is coming and he is the one analyst that I actually feel is about as unbiased as it comes and enjoy listening to. No matter what he says, it never comes across as being personal either positive or negative.

 

And honestly, ... Bobby Knight seems to actually enjoy ticking people off, so I would think he would relish the opportunity to be booed at UK, ... again. Would bring back old memories for him! If it were a big deal to him, I think he would come and enjoy the crowd reaction.

I'll be at Gameday that morning, and the game that evening. Only thing I'll be worried about that day is getting pumped up to watch the Cats smoke UT.

I doubt BK is to scared of some college students and would venture to guess that anything they could come up with say to him, he's heard it all before.

But why was it noted that he couldn't make the trip due to travel issues or something? He was apparently going to be there for whatever reason before yesterday.

  • Author

ESPN issued a statement saying he wouldn't be there because of a scheduling conflict or something to that extent. If he isn't part of the crew then why issue a statement?

I do believe Knight doesn't like UK and wants to stay far away from it, but this is a little too much. If Bob Knight was at all the other game days and decided to just miss this one that would be different.

 

Wasn't he at Gameday last year? I remember seeing him at atleast a couple last year I believe.

ESPN issued a statement saying he wouldn't be there because of a scheduling conflict or something to that extent. If he isn't part of the crew then why issue a statement?

 

 

Maybe because people like Larry Vaught are trying to make a story out of something that simply isn't there, and are contacting ESPN to see if Knight will be at the game.

  • Author
Maybe because people like Larry Vaught are trying to make a story out of something that simply isn't there, and are contacting ESPN to see if Knight will be at the game.

 

Maybe your wrong?

ESPN issued a statement saying he wouldn't be there because of a scheduling conflict or something to that extent. If he isn't part of the crew then why issue a statement?

 

I was confused by this as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.